Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The calm before the storm ;)

Options
  • 18-06-2016 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭

So my Fiancee and I are now only a month away from tying the knot :)
    All the organisation and planning is done and dusted, and now its all in the hands of vendors and supplier.s
    My own mind is racing ahead and planning the contingencies and the "just in cases", but its all in place and in the hands of the fates now!
    The menu is sorted, the entertainment and plans for the day are laid out and we are waiting on the RSVP's to organise the table plan.

My best man has written his speech and stepped up his game brilliantly, and my son(and co-best man) wrote me a song!
    Which I thought was a lovely gesture until he sang it for me....
    Apparently "I've found love with a hopeless face!" :D;)

The good wishes and genuine love and support from our friends and family has been a revelation, especially of my existing in-laws(I'm going to have 2 Mother in laws soon!!!)

My wife to be is off on her Hen, leaving me home alone with a list of jobs to be done! Mainly in the garden but luckily it rained ;) which coincided nicely with a great day of sport!(Apart from the results!)

So now, I'm sitting here contemplating the fact that until the week of the wedding I actually have nothing at all wedding related to do and after that never will again!
    After the months of planning, talking, sourcing, bargaining and all the other ancillary ****e that goes with planning a wedding....
    My evenings are slowly becoming my own again!

I'm not really sure how I will fill my time now post-honeymoon, or what me and my wife will talk about now its done 'n' dusted.
    I might find out we actually have nothing left in common now! :P
    Suggestions please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

No suggestions except to enjoy every minute. Yourself, your son and your wife to be deserve all the happiness that comes your way :)

Oh actually maybe do a couple of things with just you and your son. I'm sure he'd really love that after the journey you've been through together :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

banie I would love to thank your post a million times.
    I just want to wish you, your wife to be, and your son every good wish and a lifetime of happiness.

Have a great day!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,066 ✭✭✭✭beertons

As soon as you get back from the honeymoon, book a week away somewhere. Best advice I was given. There'll be a huge void, nothing to do, and it'll keep you occupied for a while. Start planning what you'll do, where to eat, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭banie01

@ Jellybear and LynnGrace, thank ye ;)
    I was under orders to be sure I posted about the wedding and to be honest, sharing some happiness is a lovely change from a lot of what I have posted previously in other sub-fora ;)
    The plan for after the honeymoon is a week away together with my son, he has decided we need to go somewhere "cultural" :)
    He has yet to decide exactly where that is yet though but knowing him it will likely be somewhere with plenty of museums and interesting architecture and history in the Mediterranean :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

He sounds like such a great young fellow. I love the idea of him writing a song for you :D.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Ah op I'm so thrilled to hear that your big day is coming up. I'll be dying to hear all! Come back to us after the big day and fill us in :)

Oh Istanbul is fab btw

CaraMay wrote: »
    Ah op I'm so thrilled to hear that your big day is coming up. I'll be dying to hear all! Come back to us after the big day and fill us in :)
    Thanks Cara, and of course ;)
    You are one of those who sparked my posting this particular thread.
    Thanks to you and everyone else for the ear you lent and the words of support offered on my journey to here.
    LynnGrace wrote: »
    He sounds like such a great young fellow. I love the idea of him writing a song for you :D.

Aww thanks Lynn! I was delighted with that part myself...
    Until I realised he thought it was a repeat of the roast of Charlie Sheen and not a wedding! :)
    I always thought his sharp wit was hilarious until he tried skewering me with it! :)

You (and your young man) deserve every happiness Banie

So now the checking for missing/mislaid RSVP's begins!
    I'm reminded of someone once saying,
    "Oh I don't mind that you forgot to send on the RSVP!
    Almost as much as you wouldn't mid if I'd forgotten to send a fúcking invitation!" :D:D:D

I may end up being Groomzilla by the end of the week! :D

Mad thing is a few people hadnt sent an RSVP yet because the invitation was too pretty to detach it from...
    So rather than use the email or phone details provided they said they'd wait on a call!:confused:

Oh well nearly there now!

• Advertisement

���� was too pretty to detach. You are doing too good of a job

CaraMay wrote: »
    ���� was too pretty to detach. You are doing too good of a job

I can't take any credit for the invites, The future Mrs Banie has made all the wedding stationery ��

I did make labels for the sparkly toast stuff that are apparently lovely tho...
    I do think future Mrs Banie may just be humoring me on that front!

So the deed is done!
    My wife and I tied the knot yesterday and I cannot sing the praises of everyone involved highly enough!
    It was a beautiful and surprisingly stress free day!
    Everyone from the Hotel staff, to the celebrant, to the entertainment and in particular our guests....
    Went above and beyond in making it one of the best days of my life!
    It really was fantastic, and the comments from the guests so far all seem to agree with my thoughts.
    Thanks to all on boards for help and advice offered along the way both her and in other sub fora!
    Now I'm off to annoy my wife! ��

Advertisement