Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Particle physics question?

Options
  • 18-06-2016 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

Driving me nuts. It's the pair production section in Investigating Physics. Chapter 22 exercise 2 question 4 about two protons of 1.2 Gev colliding and producing new a proton and an antiproton. I keep getting 511Mev but the book says 211 Mev. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Misty_01

TSMGUY wrote: »
    Driving me nuts. It's the pair production section in Investigating Physics. Chapter 22 exercise 2 question 4 about two protons of 1.2 Gev colliding and producing new a proton and an antiproton. I keep getting 511Mev but the book says 211 Mev. Can anyone help?

Can you PM a picture of the question ???

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭DownOneTourist

TSMGUY wrote: »

511 and 211. it could be an easy typo. i don't have investigating physics. i only have lc physic plus.

Advertisement