Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlegarden lawnmower

Options
  • 18-06-2016 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I was mowing my lawn with my twin blade ride on and hit a stump the blades stopped working i looked underneath and one of the blades moves freely while the other is rigid wont move at all anuonr any idea what might be wrong

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭fox0512

pepsimike wrote: »
    I was mowing my lawn with my twin blade ride on and hit a stump the blades stopped working i looked underneath and one of the blades moves freely while the other is rigid wont move at all anuonr any idea what might be wrong

Whats happened is you have broken the key in the blade adapter...they are designed to break in an event like this... remove blade and blade adapter and you will notice a grove about 4mm wide and another grove in blade spindle...the key will be a semi circle or long rectangle shape piece of steel which will lock blade adapter to blade spindle...no big deal as they are only a few euros to replace....when removing blade bolt note that the bolt always tightens towards the cutting edge of the blade so on the right hand side of your mower as your sitting on it, to remove the blade bolt it will (normally) righty losey instead of lefty losey ;) ..

Advertisement