Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June Internationals Week 2: Where Have All The Southern Hemisphere Gone?

Options
  • 18-06-2016 6:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭

This is the thread for all your hot June Internationals Week 2 Action including:

New Zealand v Wales: 8.45am
    Australia v Wales: 11:00am
    Japan v Scotland: 11:20am (just kidding)
    Russia v Canada: 9:00pm
    World 7s Repechage: All Day
    USA v Italy: 2:00am (Sunday)
    France v Argentina: 10:20pm (Sunday)

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT ALL OF THE GAMES OF RUGBY THAT COULD CONCIEVABLY BE PLAYED BETWEEN RUGBY TEAMS THIS WEEKEND, PLEASE CONSULT WORLDRUGBY.ORG FOR MORE INFORMATION

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Wales will be busy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭swiwi_

They are all playing for the NH teams these days IBF :( Unlike 3 years ago... :P

NZ to batter Wales I reckon. The years are littered with gallant Welsh displays where they run NZ close or even lead for 60 minutes, before they fade in the last 20. I'm not sure Ireland still have a mental block, but Wales you just know as an AB fan are never sure how to handle leading with a historic victory in site and the finish line rapidly approaching. However, that was last week. NZ surely can't be as porous in defence (no they can't, Whitelock is back and Dagg is a better defender than Savea), and Wales have lost North and been forced to move the excellent Williams to the wing. And put Amos at 15. It could get ugly.

Once again, match of the weekend should be Eng vs Aust, reckon Aussie will win this to keep the series alive, but only if their pack can hold up. It's the old classic English pack vs Aussie backs. Farrell is deadly with the boot.

And Losty has previewed your game.

Should be another fun Saturday.

This is the thread for all your hot June Internationals Week 2 Action including:

New Zealand v Wales: 8.45am
    Australia v Wales: 11:00am
    Japan v Scotland: 11:20am (just kidding)
    World 7s Repechage: All Day
    USA v Italy: 2am (Sunday)

*cough* France vs Argentina, no?.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

swiwi_ wrote: »
    *cough* France vs Argentina, no?.

That's tomorrow night, but I will be watching it

That's tomorrow night, but I will be watching it

Ah OK. And for completeness, Canada vs Russia. Assuming the Russian don't fail any doping tests, and their fans behave themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Actually, feck it, I'll make the thread. Mods can always fix it up if they like.

Ah OK. And for completeness, Canada vs Russia. Assuming the Russian don't fail any doping tests, and their fans behave themselves.

And what about Georgia v Tonga? Or Brazil v Kenya? I shall put in a notice

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Fekitoa's game looks over already.

Looked completely out of it after that collision with Roberts.

Edit: Back on. That's a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Cruden subbed off with a head/neck injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Clegg wrote: »
    Cruden subbed off with a head/neck injury.

Match thread is here mate :P

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057611247

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

dylan hartley to become englands most capped hooker. says a lot that a guy with so many bans and missed chances is going to have that record

I really like the aboriginal influence they've included in both tests. More interesting than the anthems anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Anyone know how to watch Argentina v France

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

errlloyd wrote: »
    Anyone know how to watch Argentina v France

Can't find it anywhere on Sky epg - not Sky Sports, BT Sport, Setanta/Premier Sports. Remember France are without players competing in Top 14 semis this weekend. Argentina without Imoff who scored winning try for Racing vs Clermont.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,123 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Argentina winning 17-13 currently

Pretty much full strength argies, France cobbled together

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Have been watching the second half, France doing very well, ahead 19-17 but just had a player yellow carded. Baptiste Serin the promising scrum half on debut for France.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,009 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Sweet jesus, that is a horrific head clash @ 09:20

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Sweet jesus, that is a horrific head clash @ 09:20

fyp

Edit: Tony Soprano couldn't get a head shot like that :0

• Registered Users Posts: 10,009 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

That was decent game, USA had a great chance to win it. McGinty put in a great shift, he's really become a quality player. If the US had any semblance of a set piece they would have won.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭English Lurker

Once again, match of the weekend should be Eng vs Aust, reckon Aussie will win this to keep the series alive, but only if their pack can hold up. It's the old classic English pack vs Aussie backs. Farrell is deadly with the boot.

I saw an article - may have been Kinsella - pointing out how Australia are putting both Hooper and Fardy out on the tram lines and going for two pods of three in the centre. Given how they've struggled with retaining their own ball, this feels like a mistake to me.

But then they've made a lot of mistakes. A lot of the experience and know how has leaked out of the SH recently.

Still pretty fun winning there I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I really like the aboriginal influence they've included in both tests. More interesting than the anthems anyway

I think it's pretty odd tbh.

Advertisement