Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going rate for models for supermarket promotion?

Options
  • 17-06-2016 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask but since there's no modelling forum it seems the most likely place to get an answer...

Myself and my daughter have been asked to do a photoshoot for Tesco which could potentially appear in the following:

­ In­store POS in local stores: July – October 2016
    ­ Tesco publications (Fresh Value, Clubcard magazine) ­ July
    ­ On Tesco social media channels and website: July – October, 2016
    ­ Press (small image with quote from sessions):
    ­ Press supplements (dates TBC)

Weekly press from July ­ October
    Irish Independent
    Daily Mirror
    Star Chic Magazine
    Mail on Sunday
    Sunday World – Mum & Me
    RTE Guide – Back to school special
    Sunday Independent
    Sunday World
    Sunday Mirror
    Irish Mail on Sunday

I'm told the payment for this is negotiable so I'm wondering what ball-park I should be in for this? Anyone got any idea of the going rate for a 2 hour shoot to get photos to be used in such a manner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

In case it's of use to anyone else searching for this, we got €1,100 and were reimbursed for our choice of outfits from the Tesco F&F range.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

That seems to be a very fair payment.

These things are by negotiation and depends on many factors. Assuming that you were not experienced I would have thought the fee would have been less, so it seems that was a great outcome.

Did you enjoy the experience?

Any follow up shoots?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Yeah, I was happy enough with the payment alright, covered most of the cost of upgrading the car and my daughter has a nice little sum in her bank account thanks to it. I never even negotiated tbh, I was expecting to have to drag them up from a much lower first offer and was so surprised by their opening one that I just said, "great, thanks".

It was interesting being the other side of the lens for a change, I don't take near as many photos these days as I did a few years ago but I'm still far more comfortable holding the camera than having it pointed at me.

Was a bit disappointed I couldn't get a personal copy / print of some of the shots from the photographer but understandably, he was contracted by Tesco so wasn't in a position to give / sell me copies on the side.

No mention of follow up shoots but would definitely do it again, it's very easy money and what 7 year old girl doesn't like to be able to say that she's a professional model? :)

Advertisement