Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBay PC

Options
  • 17-06-2016 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey all,

I'm new in Ireland and I just wanted to check are there any problems ordering a PC over eBay to Dublin?

Ireland's PC market is expensive so I turned to Amazon and eBay, but eBay has better offers.

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

If it's outside of EU you'll have taxes to pay on it, wiping out most of the savings.

Self build isn't an option

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ragedit

Cheers,

I filter the search so the seller is in the EU.

I wouldn't build it my self and I don't need a high end PC. I can find some good PC configs for DayZ, Arma and RUST.

Thanks for a quick reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭satguy

It will cost a hell of a lot more to buy a fully built PC. Plus they don't travel well.

Should you buy one ? Amazon can be a good place you ever need comeback.

To buy Fully Built PC or not.

There is a simple easy to follow Video in that link above, and lots more on Youtube.

Or,, There are some great system builders on Adverts, some of them are in Dublin or might deliver to Dublin.

@satguy

Sorry, what do you mean by "don't travel well"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

ragedit wrote: »
    @satguy

Sorry, what do you mean by "don't travel well"?

Fully built PCs aren't designed to be shipped, GPUs are held in a a small piece of plastic, HDDs aren't great at being shipped anyway. It's grand when they're all individually packed but pre built = something getting broken. Imagining shipping a decent cooler attached to a mainboard is to me, like imagining being kicked in the gonads!

Again it's slightly different if it's a Dell or something like that, they build them with gorilla shipping companies in mind. ebay sellers will just fire it all back into the case box and ship it, the case packaging was designed to take X weight it's not taking X*2 or 3.

Even a cheap PC is cheaper built yourself.

• Advertisement

Make sense.

I guess I should get all the parts individually, buy a six pack and install it once it arrives.

Thanks guys!

Make sense.

I guess I should get all the parts individually, buy a six pack and install it once it arrives.

Thanks guys!

PC's take a six pack?! :eek:

Why have I not got this upgrade!

True that! I think I haven't seen a six pack here in Ireland, only 8 or 12 are sold Centra near me: )

True that! I think I haven't seen a six pack here in Ireland, only 8 or 12 are sold Centra near me: )

I used to think a 6 pick was a small beer belly.

I used to think a 6 pick was a small beer belly.

I wouldn't know, I have full grown (| pack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭satguy

This was a nice one, I'm the camera man, I had an 8 pack stored off camera, and only 2 where left when we powered the PC into life. About €600 to build all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Have you a parts list?

Advertisement