Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV size needed for 4K

Options
  • 16-06-2016 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

With all this talk of 4K sport coming this year I'm thinking of picking up a 4K tv. What size is needed to notice the difference? If I was going for a 1080p tv what refresh rate should I be looking for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Joo0 wrote: »
    With all this talk of 4K sport coming this year I'm thinking of picking up a 4K tv. What size is needed to notice the difference? If I was going for a 1080p tv what refresh rate should I be looking for?

1920 x 1080p will resize a 4K source which is 3840 x 2160.

If you want to "notice the difference" of 4k you will need a 4K display not a 1080p.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/4k-resolution-201312153517.htm

- Still early days and prices will drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Joo0 wrote: »

A lot of TV's for sale today are 4k, as regards size screen to notice the difference, anything less than a 55 inch TV is a waste of time as the difference between 1080p and 4k is not as noticeable unless you sit 2 feet away from screen. Most decent tv's have a very good refresh rates and response rates, especially Sony and Samsung TV's have response rate of 20-30ms for gamers, any screen refresh rate over 100Hz is good, some even are 200Hz.

Advertisement