Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! German LC '16 - Predictions, guesses, discussion, aftermath etc.

Options
  • 16-06-2016 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Anyone got any tips or hints or tricks even!! Desperate here, hope everything is going well so far, we are nearly there :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ella1998

Anyone got any tips or hints or tricks even!! Desperate here, hope everything is going well so far, we are nearly there :)

Read over the marking schemes and look for where they give discretionary marks, which they give for giving eg 4 pieces of info when they only ask for 3 in letter or äußerung, they add up to 2 or 3% overall might make a difference with grades :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭luftmensch

Is anyone learning how to write a formal letter? We never did them in class, and I don't want to be caught out on the off chance one comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pseudorachel

I don't even know what to study for German, any last minute tips? our teacher was absolutely useless

[edit] Does anyone know how to do the last question in the comperhensions?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭rvpalldway

Could somebody please tell me what came up in the 2016 German Pre Letter for both Deb and Examcraft
    Cheers

rvpalldway wrote: »
    Could somebody please tell me what came up in the 2016 German Pre Letter for both Deb and Examcraft
    Cheers

Not sure if i had deb or examcraft but the Euros 2016, the 1916 centenary, water charges and the wild atlantic way came up :)

• Advertisement

How'd ye get on? It was hard enough I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Leavingcert16

luftmensch wrote: »
    How'd ye get on? It was hard enough I reckon.

I thought the letter was really hard

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LordHypnos

I thought the letter was really hard

aye, couldn't think of anything good for taking action against the school so I said turn up the heating.
    thought the aural was naughty especially the yappy chappy in the 2nd part and for the weather

LordHypnos wrote: »
    aye, couldn't think of anything good for taking action against the school so I said turn up the heating.
    thought the aural was naughty especially the yappy chappy in the 2nd part and for the weather

And Switzerland loosing their sh1t over cow bells...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MessIsMine

I thought that the German was okay. The first comprehension was a little tricky, but the second was really nice. The Äußerung zum Thema wasn't too bad. I found the letter a little odd but eventually got something written for it all. The listening seemed trickier than other years though.

• Advertisement

Just curious about how much people wrote. I did a little over 2 pages for the letter, and about a page for the Äußerung.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MessIsMine

Just curious about how much people wrote. I did a little over 2 pages for the letter, and about a page for the Äußerung.

I wrote the same for the letter and I wrote in the small space given for the Äußerung, but my writing is smaller than most peoples.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mccaff7

Roughly 2 pages for the letter.. maybe 3/4 for the Äußerung... Anyone have two answers as 'Wer' for the Frageworten Grammar section?

mccaff7 wrote: »
    Roughly 2 pages for the letter.. maybe 3/4 for the Äußerung... Anyone have two answers as 'Wer' for the Frageworten Grammar section?

I had one as wem, because I thought it was dative case. I'm not sure if it was right though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mccaff7

I had one as wem, because I thought it was dative case. I'm not sure if it was right though.

Fair enough, I won't lose sleep over the grammar section :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tploz

I thought the exam was lovely. I did the essay instead of the letter. I made the decision to do it a few months ago, and it was one of the best decisions I made.

tploz wrote: »
    I thought the exam was lovely. I did the essay instead of the letter. I made the decision to do it a few months ago, and it was one of the best decisions I made.

Really, How come? Just curious :D I never really looked into the essays too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mrs Mop

LordHypnos wrote: »

Loving this interpretation of eine Aktion an deiner Schule!! Eine Aktion is more like ' an action project' a form of social awareness hence why Alex(a) was working with a girl from Irak and a boy from Syria! But your idea of turning up the heating is much more amusing! 😉
    mccaff7 wrote: »

One WER one WEN & one WEM!!

ella1998 wrote: »
    Really, How come? Just curious :D I never really looked into the essays too much.

I did a revision course at Christmas and the teacher told us the essay was easier for some people. I've always found the letter hard anyway. It's pretty much just a longer Ausserung. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 daveytheravey

I thought it was kinda rough imo. The teacher who sets them is a past teacher in our school, he was a bit crazy! lovely but odd. Very hard to predict German now. But the first comprehension was very rough the second was okay. Opinion piece was fine and the letter could have been nicer. The aural was tricky in parts. Very hard to gauge how you preformed in a language exam. Hopefully the marking is nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 CreepyOnion

Oops, I accidentally addressed my letter to Michael, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 baybeecakes

tploz wrote: »
    I did a revision course at Christmas and the teacher told us the essay was easier for some people. I've always found the letter hard anyway. It's pretty much just a longer Ausserung. :)

Was that the Tutorial revision course? I thought the essay was great, the fourth bullet point was the hardest part of it but even that wasn't really bad.

Was that the Tutorial revision course? I thought the essay was great, the fourth bullet point was the hardest part of it but even that wasn't really bad.

It was! I thought so too.

(sorry about the late response)

Advertisement