Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to go from here?

Options
  • 15-06-2016 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

hey everyone, I'd just like to put out a question in relation to advancing from second level. Last year I did the LC at 16 because I skipped TY and didn't think much of it until now. Repeat LC seemed like my only option at that stage, so here I am - repeating the leaving cert. All going well so far, exams have been kind (especially maths) but I am concerned about my age. I'm only 17, turning 18 in August and still worried I'm too young to go to college especially since I'm not too sure on what I'd like to do. I have Commerce(Accounting) in NUIG on the top of my CAO because I loved 2nd level accounting but I'm aware it's probably much different in university(reason why I'm unsure of this course). I started handing out CV's to local places in hope for a summer job or to work for a year then go to college. My question, finally, is it best I go to college, do this course I'm unsure about in hope I'll like it, or take a year out and get some job experience and mature! I'm a really quiet guy and feel I'll have trouble adjusting to life away from home..

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I know I bang the drum regularly, but the European Voluntary Service Scheme is a great way to spend a gap year that won't cost you or your family the earth.
    http://www.vsi.ie/volunteer/longterm/evs.html It's sponsored by the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LordHypnos

spurious wrote: »
    I know I bang the drum regularly, but the European Voluntary Service Scheme is a great way to spend a gap year that won't cost you or your family the earth.
    It's sponsored by the EU.

I will read into it, cheers!

Advertisement