Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it worth reviewing exam scripts that have a borderline pass? I got total award 48%

• 15-06-2016 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have earned a pass degree in an Institute of Technology and my degree is classified as 'Pass' degree. My overall award is 48.30%. I got 41% Immunology, 44% pathophysiology, 47% microbiology, 41% chemistry, 60% -research project. I have bad handwriting and would it be worth asking for the borderline scripts to be reviewed. Would the external examiner be harsh on my bad handwriting- poor spacing and letter formation? The review is a check by the external examiner. I thought that my clinical chemistry exam was better than my microbiology exam. The 41 % subjects were probably biased.
    The lecturers seem dishonest for those subjects. One is similar to my personality but too hard to please. I did not get above 50% in her subjects.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

So one of your lectures has a grudge because you're nice, the other is racist becasue your polish, I'm not sure what the mandatory driving across Ireland is about,

Appeal your marks if you feel you can achieve better, but perhaps it's a true reflection of your ability? It would be unusual if all lectures had a grudge against you, or used it against you. Is it the lectures that mark the scripts?

Have you considered your standard of English writing may be an issue? Your post is quite hard to understand in places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

val man wrote: »
    Its a long enough post and I have things to do. Can't elaborate further.
    I can write your piece of english just aswell as you. I got a bit pissed off and tried to give a more overall picture.
    I got B2 honours leaving cert english.
    How old are you to judge me- Stop. Look. Listen. You spend your whole life on these posts and try to establish yourself? What have you ever done in life to prove to yourself that you can make it?.
    I was wondering would I have a good chance of sueing them. You know nothing about me.
    Please be more polite and helpful for future posts.
    That lecturer that has a grudge against me because of nature and that's it. I am not of Polish nationality and will not disclose this.

yeah you should sue them for a million dollars :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jake_98

val man wrote: »
    Its a long enough post and I have things to do. Can't elaborate further.
    I can write your piece of english just aswell as you. I got a bit pissed off and tried to give a more overall picture.
    I got B2 honours leaving cert english.
    How old are you to judge me- Stop. Look. Listen. You spend your whole life on these posts and try to establish yourself? What have you ever done in life to prove to yourself that you can make it?.
    I was wondering would I have a good chance of sueing them. You know nothing about me.
    Please be more polite and helpful for future posts.
    That lecturer that has a grudge against me because of nature and that's it. I am not of Polish nationality and will not disclose this.

Why are you so quick to think your lecturer is being racist? Typical behavior from eastern Europeans when things aren't swaying there way blame everyone but yourself. Grow up and stop throwing around dangerous allegations of racism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Out of curiosity, were your grades at a similar level throughout your degree? If you had maintained a first class honours and then dropped to a pass, perhaps something is amiss.. but I have a feeling that isn't the case. In which case, perhaps theres a different reason for your grades, such as, just maybe, your ability.
    Based solely off of your attitude towards your lecturers, your ability to jump to profound conclusions and your expectation that your lecturers seem to owe you the honour of a first because you stayed up late (news flash: all college students do, at some point, not all get a first) I would doubt the validity of your claims...
    At least you didnt fail I guess?

Also, Im not sure about GMIT specifically but most of the time papers are graded anonymously (i.e they dont know who's paper they're correcting, or their nationality), if that takes the thorn out of your side a bit..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 val man

I want a 2:2 at least. 2:1 is a bit much for my ability. The papers had various internal examiners listed so I do not know who corrected those papers. From previous experience those exact lecturers corrected the papers and I know they still had an input (50% of paper at least). I am glad I don't have to repeat those subjects. I just want to move on. If my research project was scored at 60% I damn well have flair in other areas than microbiology and clinical chemistry.

Thank You for providing the insight. Helps to know that someone understands.

I think that if I had different lecturers for immunology and clinical chemistry the I would have done better. Getting 41% is low, humiliating and hurtful when a 30 year old-40 year old in our class go more marks in a presentation when mine was equal. I always kept my cool but I did get upset over it. Its like they stick their feet out during class to trip me up. It is not courteous and certainly I demand that I do well from myself. 150% commitment. My ability is loaded and I never give up. I dont believe that I am an academic prodigee, I can certainly do better in other areas of my life. 'The Game' has been very interesting for me these recent years. I felt the burnout at the end of it all and I had nothing left to give in terms of my skillset. I definitely worked harder than 3rd year which was up there in effort. I think that for this 4 year course the training should have been better especially for scientific writing before placement. No point looking back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 val man

By the way I could use a million dollas. Makes no sense not to have it.

Advertisement