Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cars Parked at Motorway on Castledermot Rd

Options
  • 15-06-2016 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

Any time I get the bus to Dublin there are always 6-10 cars parked up on the Castledermot road just before the motorway on-ramp. It looks like they are parked there all day but I don't see why people would park there all day?

https://goo.gl/maps/B6oqhkHV3T22

Anyone know why people park out near the motorway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭strawberrie

Car pooling to work. Meet at motorway and share a car the rest of the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Ah that makes sense, Didn't think of that cos was too busy imagining people wandering through the fields collecting mushrooms and skinny dipping in the few rivers around there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Had the misfortune of using the occasionally showing up JJ Kavanagh 17:45 'direct' Dublin-Carlow service (which isn't direct as it turns off the motorway to go through Castledermot for the sake of dropping off 4-5 people who could get another bus 15 minutes later /rant) for a few months a while back.

There were several people on the bus who seemed to leave their car there all day as it was free parking. Amount of cars increased when they started working on the pub in the middle of Castledermot and blocked off the car park there. Risky move considering some of the new tenants in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I always wondered about those cars myself and carpooling makes total sense.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Same happens at Tinryland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Same happens at Tinryland.

It happens at the majority of motorway junctions close to towns all over Ireland. It certainly isn't exclusive to Carlow if anything it's only a recent thing at the castledermot roundabout. They make ****e of the roadside I don't know why Kildare cc don't put in a decent lay by.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    It happens at the majority of motorway junctions close to towns all over Ireland. It certainly isn't exclusive to Carlow if anything it's only a recent thing at the castledermot roundabout. They make ****e of the roadside I don't know why Kildare cc don't put in a decent lay by.

Because the gypos would start using it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Because the gypos would start using it then.

True. Although they don't seem to use the motorway ones. If the gardai weren't afraid of offending the pc brigade they should be moved on as soon as they drop the step to their caravans.

I see they're back on that bit of a lane just down from there. :mad:

Advertisement