Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

270 bus route Dunboyne - Blanch Centre

Options
  • 15-06-2016 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what route the 270 takes from Dunboyne to Blanchardstown Centre? Looking at the Dublin bus route map is v. confusing because it seems to stop at Hunters Run!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

January wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what route the 270 takes from Dunboyne to Blanchardstown Centre? Looking at the Dublin bus route map is v. confusing because it seems to stop at Hunters Run!
    This page lists all the stops from Dunboyne to Blanchardstown centre.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/RTPI/Sources-of-Real-Time-Information/?searchtype=route&searchquery=270

and for a map of the route place 270 into route number and chose the route and then switch between inbound and outbound journey.

http://journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie/rm/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭thomasj

It runs from Dunboyne to Blanchardstown via Littlepace. After Castaheaney it does usually head down the N3 towards the Centre.

I have seen the 270 travel through Mulhuddart Village on a couple of occasions but given that the timetable doesn't mention the N3 or mulhuddart, and there are no stops via either route, I suppose it's at the drivers discretion which route they take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

thomasj wrote: »
    It runs from Dunboyne to Blanchardstown via Littlepace. After Castaheaney it does usually head down the N3 towards the Centre.

I have seen the 270 travel through Mulhuddart Village on a couple of occasions but given that the timetable doesn't mention the N3 or mulhuddart, and there are no stops via either route, I suppose it's at the drivers discretion which route they take.

That's what I was wondering. I've to take it home for the next three days as I'm at training in Dunboyne castle and knew I'd seen it going through mulhuddart village a few times. I wonder if I could ask before I get on. Otherwise the plan is to get off at the top of clonee village and walk through Damastown.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,553 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

That's what I was wondering. I've to take it home for the next three days as I'm at training in Dunboyne castle and knew I'd seen it going through mulhuddart village a few times. I wonder if I could ask before I get on. Otherwise the plan is to get off at the top of clonee village and walk through Damastown.

That certainly isn't the official routing - officially it should be on the N3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Yep, I do know that but living here you see it very often, certainly at least twice in the last couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭StreetLight

I think drivers use Mulhuddart Village to avoid the queueing traffic on the slip road off the N3, which then must yield to traffic coming from the village towards the overpass and vice versa. I suppose they think they might as well be in a situation which avoids queueing or yielding!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I wonder if I could ask before I get on. Otherwise the plan is to get off at the top of clonee village and walk through Damastown.

Might be a bit late at this stage, but I had to head to Mulhuddart today from Dunboyne, and the best bet would be to get off at the end of Littlepace and walk through Huntstown. Works out pretty much just as quick as staying on the bus until the N3 exit - although was the bus stop that used to be on that short stretch of road before the old roundabouts removed when they upgraded the area? Got lucky as I was let off there anyway, but if it's actually gone I'll definitely just take the longer walk in future if I have to...

Advertisement