Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red light cameras - how much of them are in Dublin, how they appear

Options
  • 15-06-2016 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi everyone!

I wish to know what kind of cameras are these? Is that ona the red light camera- its in Blacthorn Avenue near Sandyford Industrial Estate.
    How red light jumper cameras avtually look like? And how much of them are here in Dublin?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

is it actually a red light camera, or just one for monitoring traffic levels?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

konraado wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

I wish to know what kind of cameras are these? Is that ona the red light camera- its in Blacthorn Avenue near Sandyford Industrial Estate.
    How red light jumper cameras avtually look like? And how much of them are here in Dublin?
    Thanks

I believe they are general traffic CCTV cameras.

Red light cameras look like this:-

2015-06-10_lif_10236409_I1.JPG

There are only two at the junctions of Con Colbert Road-South Circular Road and Blackhall Place-Benburb Street.

The camera on Con Colbert Road was actually Irelands first RLC (installed years ago) but never activated until late last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Is it not at Queen St rather than Blackhall Place?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭carlaboi

No its on Blackhall Place opposite Wuff restaurant.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Here's the Blackhall Place one:

389154.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭trellheim

Not sure what the Con Colbert rd one is stopping ... plenty of motorist block that junction all right but dont run the red light because Kilmainham is not designed to handle in the inbound volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

OSI wrote: »
    They are traffic cameras. The only red light camera I know of in Dublin is the one on the Con Colbert Rd.

388913.jpg

Exactly the same as the ones I seen on Oz, except they are painted yellow.
    In Oz they also doubled as speed cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Probably no need to differentiate them from speed cameras here because most of them have disappeared over the last 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Roadhawk

These should be scattered all over Dublin City along with Bus lane cameras like they have up north.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Roadhawk wrote: »
    These should be scattered all over Dublin City along with Bus lane cameras like they have up north.

They shouldn't - they've been shown to increase crashes by a statistically significant factor - trading side-on collisions for for high speed rear-end collisions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement