Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda - New charges comparison

Options
  • 15-06-2016 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭

Just did this for those with Panda as a general reference:

Just done a quick comparison for my place - 2 adults, 2 teenagers. Me working FT, wife working approx 25-30hrs per week. Eldest in college, youngest in 5th year (Just to give indication of people/time in house). I'm sure this would be a normal enough situation.

Under Panda current structure, and looking at the first 6mths of the year, the following apply to me:

11 lifts of black bin @ €9.05 per lift = €99.50

Under new structure, lifts/weights/costs as follows - rounded to nearest 50c:

NOTE: These figures aer made up of a €3.20 lift charge and a 27c/kg of waste on top of this.

1. 19kg €8
    2. 44kg €15
    3. 36kg €13
    4. 54kg €18
    5. 43kg €15
    6. 27kg €10.50
    7. 31kg €11.50
    8. 29kg €11
    9. 30kg 411
    10 34kg €12.50
    11 31kg €11.50

Total: €137 (increase of 37%)

During this time-frame, the brown has been lifted 3 times totaling 51kg. (Brown bin lift charge will be €2.56 and 16c/kg). This increases the €137 to €152. So basically, a 50% increase (excluding the increase in the annual charge) if we continue with current waste patterns with Panda.

Yearly charge is actually dropping from €110 to €86 p/a

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Does anyone know if the PANDA standing charge will be rising for Dublin customers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

NUTLEY BOY wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the PANDA standing charge will be rising for Dublin customers ?

You mean the €110 p/a you currently pay ? If so, then its dropping to €86.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I'm v confused with all these pay per weight discussions. And to be honest have some more stressful things going on in my life meaning I haven't had a chance to fully investigate.

So, I get that a load of people in other regions who paid by lift or various other systems are all being moved to pay by weight, and as a result expect to be charged much more (Queue the water brigade out on protest again I presume), but can't figure out at all if this will impact me.

I've always been on pay per weight with Panda(Dublin 14); based on these changes that are coming in (as reported in the news etc) should we expect any change to our costs?

I haven't received any communication from Panda regarding a change.

Checking my last invoice the rates are a called out above by dodzy as "new Rates"
    • Brown Bin Service Charge €5.50
    • Brown Bin Waste Collected 33.00 Kgs Compost (Brown) @ €0.16 €5.28
    • Collected 126.00 Kgs Waste (Black) @ €0.277€34.90
    • Lifted 4 Waste (Black) Lifts >5kg @ €3.20 €12.80
    • Brown Bin Lifts 1 Compost (Brown) Lifts @ €2.56 €2.56

Should customers on existing Pay by Weight service expect to see a change in July?

Advertisement