Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

damp meter

Options
  • 14-06-2016 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All,

Could anyone tell me if there's somewhere I can walk into to buy a damp meter rather than order online. I'm in Kildare but willing to travel.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭db

McQuillans?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

there are two types, one has 2 pins and may leave pinholes depending on the surface, the other is more expensive but has no pins.
    The cheap ones are very limited in performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Taking moisture readings here and there does not rule out moisture and can also give false reading of moisture. The no pin type are thrown off by anything metallic so can give completely wrong readings in a camper/caravan and the pin models only penetrate the surface so plastic coatings and high density facings can give a lower reading when its still damp behind. Your eyes, ears and nose, fingers and feet are required too you need to look into every nook and cranny pessing tapping looking for discolouratiion and using your nose checking for spongy floor with your feet etc.

Advertisement