Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you beat the waste mgt companies?

Options
  • 14-06-2016 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Just got the list of charges yesterday from AES Irl, my cost will go from 282 euro for the smallest bin to 340 euro based on these figures from AES Irl.

The service charge is €90 for six months or €15 per month.

· Waste bin = 25 cent per KG

· Recycling bin = 0 cent per KG

· Organic bin = 15 cent per KG

· Glass Bin = 0 cent per KG

What are other providers charging?

I can get rid of everything but where can I get rid of general waste circa 8 kg per week for a family of 3 to 4?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I take everything to the tip myself, sorry I should say recycling center or place where they collect our rubbish and then ship it off to another country.

A car full is €20 and I fill the car 10-12 recycling bags plus 6-8 black bags in one trip and do that about every 2 - 3 months. I keep meaning to ask if I can load up the roofrack for the same price. So max price for the year would be €120.

It helps to have sheds to store rubbish in between trips to the tip.

Glass - recycled
    Electrical - recycled
    News papers - don't get buy them but do pick up loads of out of date ones from the newsagents to use a pet bedding etc - so either burnt or composted.
    Other paper and cardboard - burnt but larger cardboard boxes go on the compost heap.

Anything organic gets fed to the chickens or put on the compost heap where the chickens eat it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Compost heap is the job.

Rest goes to the civic amenity centre 3 quid for a car packed to the brim with sh1te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Compost heap is the job.

Rest goes to the civic amenity centre 3 quid for a car packed to the brim with sh1te

I think we need more info on what civic amenity centre will take a car load for 3 quid! It would be worth travelling a good few miles for that amenity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

my3cents wrote: »
    I think we need more info on what civic amenity centre will take a car load for 3 quid! It would be worth travelling a good few miles for that amenity.

Mallow and Kinsale road in cork I think

Advertisement