Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL 2016/17 pub league for charity. Pls help?

Options
  • 14-06-2016 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

My buddy and I are going to run an fpl league for a local pub and we want to do it for charity(Crumlin hospital). Anyone do anything similar? and any ideas or tips would be a great help?
    We are hoping to get local businesses to sponsor decent prizes for manager of the month and maybe a very good top prize for overall winner. Therefore all entrance money goes to the charity. We are looking at 10 per head fee. I know collecting the money may be the main difficulty.
    What do ye think? If you already play fpl would you pay 10 into your local pub league?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,342 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

iCraic wrote: »
    My buddy and I are going to run an fpl league for a local pub and we want to do it for charity(Crumlin hospital). Anyone do anything similar? and any ideas or tips would be a great help?
    We are hoping to get local businesses to sponsor decent prizes for manager of the month and maybe a very good top prize for overall winner. Therefore all entrance money goes to the charity. We are looking at 10 per head fee. I know collecting the money may be the main difficulty.
    What do ye think? If you already play fpl would you pay 10 into your local pub league?
    Cheers.

Hope I don't come across as a tightwad but personally No, I wouldn't enter any charity thing where 100% of the entry fee is going to the charity.
    I've ran or been involved with various fundraising for sports clubs in pubs (lottos, xmas draws, spot-the-balls etc) and they all work on a margin, e.g., you might return 50% or 65% of the entry fee back as prizes, and what remains is what goes to 'the cause'.

You need to be careful with the prizes e.g, could be easy enough to get a promise of a Christmas Hamper from a shop in July, different story when you go to collect it in December. Staff change, businesses go kaput or change their mind.
    iCraic wrote: »
    I know collecting the money may be the main difficulty.

Is this not the easy bit, don't give people the code/pword to the league if they haven't handed over the tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 iCraic

Cheers for the feedback bud! This is the kinda feedback I'm looking for. We'll discuss this. Thx

Advertisement