Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi or BTEA

Options
  • 13-06-2016 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

My son finished a college course on 31 May, that course did not qualify for Susi or BTEA so he had no income. He recently signed on to Jobseekers Allowance while looking for work but he has been accepted on a college course starting in September. On this new course he qualifies for both Susi and BTEA but as far as I know you can only get one or the other.

My question is which one is the best one to apply for ? Does one have more benefits than the other ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RoughSleeper

SUSI has two components - the student contribution grant and the maintenance grant. If he's applying for BTEA he will still need to apply to SUSI so he can avail of the student contribution grant. Otherwise, you will be paying about 3000 euros to attend the college (assuming you're talking about a 3rd level institution).

Advertisement