Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers Allowance Reduced Payment

Options
  • 13-06-2016 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I've been in receipt of Jobseekers allowance for the past year or so. This morning I woke up to a letter saying that my payment would be reduced by €25 per week due to failure to adhere to my personal progression plan.

I've had a fair few meetings with my Intreo advisor and have stuck to what I've been told to do. According to this letter I failed to attend a meeting, and failed to attend a course. The meeting I sent both an email and text prior to the event asking if I could reschedule due to a hospital visit. I never got a reply back to either of them. The course I did actually attend, and have signed up for a month long course beginning in July. I emailed that info to my contact as well.

So to get this matter sorted, would it be best to submit a written appeal to the office in D'Olier street as the letter advises me to do, or just go into my social welfare/Intreo office in person? Would they be able to deal with this, or would it absolutely have to go via the appeals office?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

call into the office bring in copy of the email you sent, proof of the hospital appointment and they should be able to sort it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭wokingvoter

jules86 wrote: »
    call into the office bring in copy of the email you sent, proof of the hospital appointment and they should be able to sort it out

And proof that you attended the course, and that your signed up for another . Should be fine.

Advertisement