Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worrying about Biology

Options
  • 13-06-2016 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Always liked since the whole way. Now for the Leaving I feel like my last 2 years of Biology were rote learning it to regurgitate every Friday for a test.
    Not to mention they weren't exam questions.
    I look over exams, in particular short questions and I can't answer relatively easy questions. Then I hear the answer and I think 'I knew that'..

I went in to 2 revision courses and found those helpful but overall I feel pretty frigged.
    I got a D1 in the mock, 54 in sqs apparently we should be up around 70..
    I got 9 in both qs section B and I got 9 in a long question!
    But 52/60 saved me..

Its the only exam I'm nervous for and going by estimates, I need a decent C2 to get the points I want.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Johno2474

I'm with bro but I need B3 at least to get course I want to do just hope this year's biology exam is nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

Johno2474 wrote: »
    I'm with bro but I need B3 at least to get course I want to do just hope this year's biology exam is nice

A friend of mine for Ds and Cs all along and got a B2 in the actual thing, it's not impossible but a easy paper would be ideal!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Edrees98

TheBiz wrote: »
    A friend of mine for Ds and Cs all along and got a B2 in the actual thing, it's not impossible but a easy paper would be ideal!

I would expect an easy paper seeing as the last two years where quite dodgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

Edrees98 wrote: »

I had to do last year's dodgy one. I got an A2 and I was so pissed off I didn't get an A1. Honestly put so much time into it last year. Thought I knew everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭luftmensch

Edrees98 wrote: »

I failed last year :( I hope it will be easier tomorrow. I got a B in the mock, so I'm much more optimistic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

luftmensch wrote: »
    I failed last year :( I hope it will be easier tomorrow. I got a B in the mock, so I'm much more optimistic.

a lot of people walked out early last year. It was total bollocks. Put it behind you, I'm sure tomorrow will be better.

Unless the SEC is full of evil p****s.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

If you don't know them well, make sure you look over the likes of Ecology, Genetics, Food, Photosynthesis, Respiration, Human Reproduction as they're some of the most common topics.

It's all about knowing information. I revised about 15 chapters on the day last year and it just refreshed what I already knew.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll all do well. :)

Advertisement