Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Block wall idea?

Options
  • 13-06-2016 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice from artists/gardeners/designers I have a small back garden with ugly concrete blocks either side one side covered with varigated ivy which I'll leave on and the other I painted cream years ago. However paint has gone yucky now in the weather, dont really want to paint it a dark colour as it's a dark garden with tree at the back. I was going to try and be creative and try a mural or paint with different colours but dont know where to start re what paints or colours or what drawings to do. Someone suggested mosaics which are beautiful but it's a kinda long wall and I have never tried it.

I have been thinking two ideas either 1. "Try" and paint a mural some plants and designs on block wall or 2. get a stencil base paint with weatherproof paint and put on stencil on each block. This is new to me so dont know what brands type of paint to use or weather to go to a craft shop or hardware. I looked on You tube but all videos for interior stenciling or murals.

Also it's a small garden would love some advice on what two tone colour scheme would work if going down the stencil route.

Comments

Advertisement