Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 6P for €499

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

No 128gb in stock. boo urns.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

I didn't order myself yet. Waiting for the OnePlus 3 Keynote this evening before deciding.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Anyone know how long this is running for? Cant see any end date

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Canaryblue

"Nexus 6P 32 GB was 649, now 499. Nexus 6P 64 GB was 699, now 549. Nexus 6P 128 GB was 799, now 649. Offer available from 3 June 2016 to 19 June 2016. Discount applied at checkout."

Still undecided between OnePlus 3 and 6P. Help me people :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭danielgalway

If you don't mind the extra bulk, I would go for the 6P. It took OnePlus quite a while to roll out marshmallow on the OP2. Android N will be coming out soon enough. An update will go straight to the 6P, who knows when the OP3 will receive the Android N. Judging from the OP2, it will be a minimum of 6-11 months. Now although the 6P does not have OIS, which is hugely beneficial for video, it generally takes better pictures. The 6Ps camera was one of the best of 2015. In comparison the OP3 is average.
    The benefits of fast Android updates, coupled with the larger battery, the dual front facing speakers and the camera make the 6P a better buy in my opinion. Currently, the 64gb 6P retails for €550, €150 more. I would also mention that if the benefits mentioned above are not worth the extra money in your opinion, the OP3 is the way to go.

If you're interested I would also suggest looking into the galaxy s6 (even edge and edge plus variants). Great deals can be found on refurbished models on ebay.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

AS1890 wrote: »
    Still undecided between OnePlus 3 and 6P. Help me people :)

6P. OnePlus have horrible after service.

Thank you. I've had Nexus 4, 5 and 6 so I think I'll go with 6P. Never had any issues. I agree with the after sale service few colleagues in work had a nightmare trying to get dialer app issues fixed on OP1 & OP2

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Whats the charging like on these? Is it like the fast charge that the 1+ has? That you can get a full charge in 60mins ..

So tempted to buy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Shame the gold colour isn't available in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

TallGlass wrote: »
    Whats the charging like on these? Is it like the fast charge that the 1+ has? That you can get a full charge in 60mins ..

So tempted to buy :p
    I have it. Yes, it has rapid charging. It's so quick. I love it. And my battery lasts all day, unlike my last Samsung phone. It's great because if I go out, I bring my charger with me. And if I want to top up the battery, I just plug it in for 20 mins while in a cafe etc, and I', good to go. Really fast charging. It makes such a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Just a little opinion from someone who bought this at full price:

This is a fantastic device. It is fast, capable, future proofed, and well built.
    The screen is gorgeous, and the features are well-covered. There are monthly security updates from Google, which ping directly to your phone. Also, you can be sure that they get all major updates within weeks of being mentioned- straight from the Big G. So, you'll get the new things as they come out.
    It's also a developer friendly phone, foremost, so therefore you can root and flash away to your hearts content. I have rooted mine, and I find it better than ever.

The camera is excellent, overall. The pictures are sharp and clear. The little tweaks, like double clicking the power button to go straight to the camera, are enjoyable. The fingerprint sensor (located on the back) is fast, and it's ready to use before you even take it out of your pocket. Plus, it is secure (encrypted by default out of the box).

If you're a Google user, or someone looking for a great phone that still holds fantastic promise, this is the one to get. Personally, as a heavy user and a tech geek, I can't see any major desire for the new devices when they come out.

At this price, it is well worth it. Buy the device, get a SIM only plan, and enjoy your device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

I will play devil’s advocate on this one – it is a quality phone but it does let itself down in certain areas:

Battery – Just about gets me through a full day, I would consider myself a heavy user so you might get a bit more out of it / The size of the screen really eats in to the battery life / I rarely have mine past 25% brightness

Camera – Is excellent if you have the time to get the perfect shot / if you are looking to grab a quick snap of something moving (Dog, Child etc) the camera can be very frustrating when focusing and is not on the same par as a Galaxy S7

Lag – For a phone with 3GB it has tendency to lag occasionally and a restart is required

But for the price is well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I'll throw another 2c into the ring: I have found (like with many phones) that a poor network signal has a detrimental effect on battery life.

I had a OnePlus One (which was renowned for its great battery). However, the signal was not fantastic from my network, so battery life was not great. I barely got 3 and a half hours screen on time, which was low for this device.
    Same with the Nexus 6P. I'm sure that the battery would be better with a stronger network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

6P is showing up as €699 now...for 64GB €649 for 32GB.

Zombienosh wrote: »
    6P is showing up as €699 now...for 64GB €649 for 32GB.

As per the original screenshot the offer was valid until June 19th. I would keep an eye on further discounts because the new Nexus devices should be announced in September and released in October.

Advertisement