Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forwarding Help - Ports Won't Open

Options
  • 13-06-2016 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi, I have been trying to port forward my PS4 because of lagging issue online. I have setup a static ip for my PS4 and put that ip into the address reservation on the router settings. Then opened up the ports required after following the guide on portforward.com. I then tested the ports on the portforward.com software and it said they are closed. How do I get them to open. I am with eir and have a Netgear router. Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Are you testing with the PS4 powered on and online at the time?

Ports will only appear "open" if something is listening on that port, ready to accept connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

Kensington wrote: »
    Are you testing with the PS4 powered on and online at the time?

Ports will only appear "open" if something is listening on that port, ready to accept connections.

Yeah used the port forward.com port checker on my laptop when the ps4 was on and signed into psn and also used an online port checker on the ps4 itself..all said the ports were closed

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Port forwarding won't fix lag.

If you were getting complete disconnects every time you had a map change, then it might help, but it wont fix your lag.

ED E wrote: »
    Port forwarding won't fix lag.

If you were getting complete disconnects every time you had a map change, then it might help, but it wont fix your lag.

yeah but will it not increase my bandwidth in my game as that is very low and is what is causing the lag...any ideas how to get the ports to open

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

SW98 wrote: »
    yeah but will it not increase my bandwidth in my game as that is very low and is what is causing the lag

Thats like saying painting your car red makes it go faster.

You need a better connection to get more bandwidth.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Thats like saying painting your car red makes it go faster.

You need a better connection to get more bandwidth.

I have 12MBPS down and my game says its only getting 650KBPS...all the videos on youtube about port forwarding to get better connection online

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

Are you using wifi? The wifi on the ps4 is shocking.

guil wrote: »
    Are you using wifi? The wifi on the ps4 is shocking.

no wired..i have port forwarded the ports needed and they are still not open

Advertisement