Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

handicap difference in team match play.

Options
  • 13-06-2016 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm playing a four ball better ball match and the rules for handicap say..
    "the back marker now concedes strokes to the other three players based on 90% of the difference between the full handicaps rather than 75%".

So i'm off 10 and the other three handicaps are 16, 16, 24. So is it correct that the full differences are 6, 6, 24 and 90% of those are 5.4 and 12.6 (so 13).

So I will be off scratch and the other are off 5.4, 5.4 and 13.

Is that correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Long Turn

Yes that's correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I recently learned that some people really struggle / get confused by the whole 90% calculation. A few guys in my group were going to their bag for their phone / calculators.... it's much easier to look at it in terms of -10%. Take 10% off your HC guys.

They thought they were playing with Einstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pissedasanewt

Phew.. actually the more I went through it to write the post, the more it made sense. But no harm in getting confirmation as there is always confusion on the first tee.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

PARlance wrote: »
    I recently learned that some people really struggle / get confused by the whole 90% calculation. A few guys in my group were going to their bag for their phone / calculators.... it's much easier to look at it in terms of -10%. Take 10% off your HC guys.

They thought they were playing with Einstein.

People in general have become a lot stupider since the invention of the smart phone.

Advertisement