Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping to FL Irish: what happens the OL Oral result?

Options
  • 11-06-2016 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

If somebody wants to drop from OL Irish to FL Irish on the day of the exam, what happens their Ordinary level result from the Oral? Is it transferred as it is to the FL written paper, or is the OL oral result now worth more as it was given for a higher level than Foundation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Can't answer your question but imo isn't dripping levels on the day of the exam a big no no. If you needed to drop down again you would have done so already. Theres a reason how you managed to stay in ordinary.
    I do fl irish and it's grand, barely have to learn anything, I think I would be hectic it if was in any higher Of a level.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ella1998

gaiscioch wrote: »
    If somebody wants to drop from OL Irish to FL Irish on the day of the exam, what happens their Ordinary level result from the Oral? Is it transferred as it is to the FL written paper, or is the OL oral result now worth more as it was given for a higher level than Foundation?

Im pretty sure they just mark it accordingly, when you do your oral exam the exam has no clue what level you're doing unless you tell them during the exam, im moving to OL from HL on the day and teachers said oral would be adjusted to ol marking scheme!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

ella1998 wrote: »
    Im pretty sure they just mark it accordingly, when you do your oral exam the exam has no clue what level you're doing unless you tell them during the exam, im moving to OL from HL on the day and teachers said oral would be adjusted to ol marking scheme!

Foundation Oral is different to the the OL and HL ones though so I wouldn't be so sure about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ella1998

Foundation Oral is different to the the OL and HL ones though so I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Good point, didnt think of that.

Advertisement