Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SA Match repeated anywhere?

Options
  • 11-06-2016 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if the Ireland v South Africa match will be shown free to view on any of the ordinary channels?

Missed the first half... and that looks like where all the drama was...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

vidapura wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Ireland v South Africa match will be shown free to view on any of the ordinary channels?

Missed the first half... and that looks like where all the drama was...

AFAIK sadly no but full match available here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBR2wBfhGyY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

AFAIK sadly no but full match available here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBR2wBfhGyY

dankie!

ablelocks wrote: »
    dankie!

No problem but just a question. Why when S4C show highlights of Welsh matches in NZ and BBC Scotland have live coverage of Scotland playing in Japan why can RTE or TG4 not show highlights of Ireland in S. Africa?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

Ahh Brilliant!!
    Thanks Digi !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

No problem but just a question. Why when S4C show highlights of Welsh matches in NZ and BBC Scotland have live coverage of Scotland playing in Japan why can RTE or TG4 not show highlights of Ireland in S. Africa?

There was talk of the Welsh government adding test matches involving Wales to the "protected" list of events that must be FTA. Nothing ever came of it but maybe this is an attempt to prevent it in the future?

As for Scotland v Japan, most likely Sky just weren't arsed.

• Advertisement

There was talk of the Welsh government adding test matches involving Wales to the "protected" list of events that must be FTA. Nothing ever came of it but maybe this is an attempt to prevent it in the future?

As for Scotland v Japan, most likely Sky just weren't arsed.

AFAIK 'protected' list was for Welsh home games. I also think S4C's highlights rights are probably tied in with promotion of the Welsh language. Sky have all live rights to SH summer tours i.e. Australia/NZ/S. Africa signed up for next few seasons. But I still think RTE or TG4 could have paid to show highlights of Ireland's matches. Saturday's game was an historic win and apart from clips on TV News programmes and what people could find on the internet many did not see Ireland's first win on S. African soil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

It was utterly ridiculous that there wasn't even a highlights show. I wouldn't really expect a full (delayed) broadcast of the game for a test tour match, but somtign would have been good. Beats having to resort to youtube!

It's a bit strange that the U20's (rightfully) got coverage of their historic win when the senior side got nothing at all for theirs...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,597 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Treadhead wrote: »
    It was utterly ridiculous that there wasn't even a highlights show. I wouldn't really expect a full (delayed) broadcast of the game for a test tour match, but somtign would have been good. Beats having to resort to youtube!

The youtube link has been removed , shameful that one of the best perfornces of Irish rugby not shown on Irish terrestrial TV - but TV licence is policed more diligently than serious crime - shameful

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

If anyone is having trouble watching this again, let me know via PM.

Advertisement