Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pegeuot 307 won't start, won't lock from the key and electronics aren't working

Options
  • 11-06-2016 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

I was replacing a radio inside the car and I think two of the pin connectors from the same end might have touched off each other when I was popping them out of the harness.

Now when turning the key, the wipers go on without touching them, the engine doesn't start and the key doesn't seem to unlock/lock the car.

Any idea what might have been affected or needs to be replaced? Just seconds before the car was starting fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Check all fuses in the Bsi (Fusebox in behind glovebox) and engine bay fusebox.....If all are o.k. then you need a diagnostic check to see whats happening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

A diagnostic check won't tell you much, why do everyone think plugging into a car will actually tell you what's wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Row wrote: »
    Check all fuses in the Bsi (Fusebox in behind glovebox) and engine bay fusebox.....If all are o.k. then you need a diagnostic check to see whats happening.

Turns out it was a fuse that blew. Was able to swap it with spares the car came with and the car was starting after

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

A diagnostic check won't tell you much, why do everyone think plugging into a car will actually tell you what's wrong with it.

A Diagnostic check will check...;)
    1)Certain fault codes which can point one in the right direction for fault finding.
    2)If the engine ecu is locked or unlocked..if its locked then its an immobilizer/Key/Bsi fault.
    3)If your getting rpms when cranking...if not then the ecu will not allow it to start.
    4)If its a diesel then rail pressure can be viewed live.....again the ecu needs certain rail pressure before it allows the engine to start.

I can go on and on......:)

Good news OP and thanks for the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Interesting French electrics strike again! When I was fitting phone kits, I discovered many Pugs and Renaults have positive ground ie. wired backwards, so blowing fuses is very easy. As to why it made the wipers work on their own, well only Jean Claude de Garlic can answer that

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Row wrote: »
    A Diagnostic check will check...;)
    1)Certain fault codes which can point one in the right direction for fault finding.
    2)If the engine ecu is locked or unlocked..if its locked then its an immobilizer/Key/Bsi fault.
    3)If your getting rpms when cranking...if not then the ecu will not allow it to start.
    4)If its a diesel then rail pressure can be viewed live.....again the ecu needs certain rail pressure before it allows the engine to start.

I can go on and on......:)

Good news OP and thanks for the update.

Don't ever rely on your diagnostics for Japanese models as you will go on a wild goose chase.

Advertisement