Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Overall Evaluation (OE) marks

Options
  • 11-06-2016 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on getting my Overall evaluation marks in history essays up. Generally I get 60/60 in most essays for the Cumulative Mark, as knowing the info isn't the biggest issue for me, but I usually get around 25/40 for the Overall Mark. I think I know the information well so I'm really not sure what's the best way to get the Overall Mark up, when I really want to be aiming for the top marks. Could anyone give some help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Edrees98

Use effective linking sentences. Also don't put info down for the sake of it ( not saying that you do ), you must analyse it and show why it is relevant. Junior Cert history was knowing the information, leaving cert is analysing it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Focus on answering the question, and showing how the information you offer "makes your case".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

I was JUST reading the chief examiner's report for history, it was a real eye-opener!

Regurgitating info won't get you many marks.
    Answer the question. Answer the question. Answer the f**** question like your life depended on it.
    Evaluate. Analyze. Explain. Don't just spew facts incoherently.
    Try to give equal coverage to different aspects of the question. For example, a lot of people just wrote about the first inter part government which lasted like 4 years on a question about Ireland from 49-89!!!! Clearly not a good idea.

Advertisement