Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Chess Congress

Options
  • 11-06-2016 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Has anyone heard anything about this congress yet? Did it go well? Why has it not been rated yet? Normally good fun but does not seem to attract the higher rated players and was wondering why not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

It might be just that the guys running it haven't gotten around to it, or that there was some formatting issue with their ratings file they haven't fixed yet. These things happen.

One report here:
    https://stbenilduschessclub.wordpress.com/2016/06/06/mariusz-wins-drogheda-2/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

There's photos and some results on the Drogheda website too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Vampslayer

Makes sense I suppose. It's just that most results get posted very quickly these days and I know most people like to check them out asap.

Nice to see the photos though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Vampslayer

They have a great venue down there so how come they have few numbers attending.

Vampslayer wrote: »
    They have a great venue down there so how come they have few numbers attending.
    I can only speculate. The format used to be a bit odd, but I liked it. I guess it suffers from being too close to Dublin to be a weekend away, but too far to be as convenient as the Dublin tournments. I've enjoyed it the odd time I've played; I agree it's a nice venue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

The format changed to a regular weekender two years ago

cdeb wrote: »
    The format changed to a regular weekender two years ago
    Yeah, I know. I thought it was a mistake - the old format made the tournament unique. I wonder what the thinking on the change was.

Advertisement