Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STROKE..has anybody had one?

Options
  • 11-06-2016 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

i had a stroke a month ago, mild, thankfully, with only some damage.. peripheral right side vision, for one. and difficulty reading for another. BUT I've been offered a LOOP RECORDER IMPLANT -it's placed under the skin of chest for up to 2 years to monitor your heart. has anybody had one? know anything about it? I'm reluctant as I don't think i have an issue, but Dr thinks there is a heart issue with no symptoms or no modern tests can show it.. but ILP will pick up on it. yet discussion boards in US are negative about these loop recordera, but these discussions are not recent. I really would be grateful for any experiences you had had or knowledge of this loop recorder. thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

What are the risks and negative things about it that you are worried about OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rubyclare

all kinds of pain is described in detail .. cannot stretch or bend without pain,
    cannot hug kids or partner without pain. missing work due to sickness and pain associated with the device etc

Advertisement