Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feel I'm Not Going To Get My Points!!

Options
  • 10-06-2016 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

So I've been studying a good 6+ hours everyday since September and for a lot more hours at the weekend but since the LC started I feel as if I'm not Going to get my points, just feel I've done nothing.. I'm looking for 510 points, is it normal to feel like this at this stage? Can anyone who is looking for high points or done their lc last year tell me how they feel/felt during the exams?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭user53

It's probably just nerves and such, I too feel like I won't get my points although I don't need as much as you I still need a good bit more than average. If you've done 6 hours a night you have done the work so you should be able get the points. Just do your best in the exams to come as you've done the work, this is actually the easy bit although it's stressful :pac: How did the exams you've done so far go?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ufc2016

They've gone find, like I'm been happy with them. English I was happy with and Maths it was hard but I answered everything so I'm hoping it went good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭user53

Ufc2016 wrote: »
    They've gone find, like I'm been happy with them. English I was happy with and Maths it was hard but I answered everything so I'm hoping it went good.
    Yeah well that's good, do you have results you'd like to get in each individual subject that add up to 510+ points? That's what I have and then I look at how I think the exam went and compare and then I know how likely or unlikely it is that I'll get my points and how well I'll need to do in the exams to come to get my points.

user53 wrote: »
    Yeah well that's good, do you have results you'd like to get in each individual subject that add up to 510+ points? That's what I have and then I look at how I think the exam went and compare and then I know how likely or unlikely it is that I'll get my points and how well I'll need to do in the exams to come to get my points.
    I did that for the mocks but I was severely under what I actually I got.. I got 430 in mocks but the maths mock was deb and was horrid so I unfortunately was not able to count that

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

At this stage last year I had only sat english, and maths paper one so I definitely didn't discount myself from any goals I had. I knew there was still plenty of exams left to do! Right now all you can really do is take one exam at a time and try your best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭malnurtured

I did that for the mocks but I was severely under what I actually I got.. I got 430 in mocks but the maths mock was deb and was horrid so I unfortunately was not able to count that

Don't worry about that DEB result, it brought down your points quite a bit I'd say. I got a C1 in that paper and I probably got a B1 in the actual paper 1 today. It was much better and it should boost your points.

I'm also looking for 510+, science in UCD by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

I'm unsure of the points I'm looking for because it's a new course (mid 400s is the best guess)
    All you or anyone else can do is take one exam at a time, you can't change how the last one went. Just keep aiming to do the best you can even if you think you failed your last test or got an A1. Nerves are natural but contain them.

Don't worry about that DEB result, it brought down your points quite a bit I'd say. I got a C1 in that paper and I probably got a B1 in the actual paper 1 today. It was much better and it should boost your points.

I'm also looking for 510+, science in UCD by any chance?

Yeah, I hope the points don't go up

Yeah, I hope the points don't go up

It's hard to say. Demand for places is slightly down but with an easy-ish maths paper (which most people doing UCD science would do) you could be looking at 5-10 points jump. Depends on the other papers too. Are you doing the three sciences? I think the state of those papers will have a heavy effect on the points needed for UCD science, I'm doing them so I'll report back if you want haha

It's hard to say. Demand for places is slightly down but with an easy-ish maths paper (which most people doing UCD science would do) you could be looking at 5-10 points jump. Depends on the other papers too. Are you doing the three sciences? I think the state of those papers will have a heavy effect on the points needed for UCD science, I'm doing them so I'll report back if you want haha
    Yeah I am! I'm hoping the papers are more like 2014 exam than the 2015 papers, last year's were not nice in my opinion compared to other years..

• Advertisement

Yeah I am! I'm hoping the papers are more like 2014 exam than the 2015 papers, last year's were not nice in my opinion compared to other years..

Haven't looked at last year's for Bio or Chem, last year's physics wasn't very nice at all. The mechanics questions are getting progressively worse, lol... it's like the opposite to the way the maths papers are going.

I think I'll do the bio 2015 paper now actually, before I forget everything by tuesday!

So I've been studying a good 6+ hours everyday since September and for a lot more hours at the weekend but since the LC started I feel as if I'm not Going to get my points, just feel I've done nothing.. I'm looking for 510 points, is it normal to feel like this at this stage? Can anyone who is looking for high points or done their lc last year tell me how they feel/felt during the exams?

Your feelings are normal. Try and take each exam as it comes. Even though it's many years since MY LC, I still remember those feelings!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I'm looking for 510 points, is it normal to feel like this at this stage?
    It certainly is quite normal to have some people who come out of every exam feeling it went badly, and yet end up with good results ... and they're usually people who have worked hard all year, and are pretty tired at this stage, and inclined to be seeing everything a bit negatively.

Obviously no-one can judge how you're actually doing, but it certainly isn't uncommon to feel how you're feeling.

I'd suggest (a) getting a good night's sleep to-night before you even attempt to open a book for next week, and (b) avoiding post-mortems completely! ;)

Advertisement