Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LUAS Fine---I need a help

Options
  • 10-06-2016 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

I was charged a fine by LUAS today since I did not tag my student travel card on the machine. But I already meet the max cap of the day and I was so tired after work, so I forgot to tag it, such a pity. And my card still has 5 euros more left inside. Do you think I have ground to appeal? I already spend 5 euro in today which is the cap per day and I seriously no reason to scam the system.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Hi

I was charged a fine by LUAS today since I did not tag my student travel card on the machine. But I already meet the max cap of the day and I was so tired after work, so I forgot to tag it, such a pity. And my card still has 5 euros more left inside. Do you think I have ground to appeal? I already spend 5 euro in today which is the cap per day and I seriously no reason to scam the system.

Cap or not but you still need to tag on, which you failed to do for no good reason. I can't see any grounds for you winning an appeal here, limit or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I hear you in that it is a 'no gain no loss' a in a sense, but Transfer need that tag on in order to support the split/sharing of the cap you spent.

You need to tag on, even if you have a free travel pass.

Sorry. It's a kick in the pants I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Worth sending them a letter anyway saying it was an honest mistake and you won't do it again. Nothing ventured nothing gained and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stellar1112

Thank you for everyone to response me. I truly know it is my bad to forget to tag on, but it is a honest mistake. I sent email to them and I hope I can get reply, even though the chance to conceal the fine is really low.

Advertisement