Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping to pass maths

Options
  • 10-06-2016 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I was wondering would it be silly to drop to pass maths today i'm so scared that I could fail it and then that would make the work I have put into other subjects a waste of time. Is anybody else thinking of dropping today and is the course very different at ordinary evel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

Mr.S wrote: »
    If you aren't familiar with the ordinary paper, then don't drop down.

If you've made it this far, chances are you can pass the paper. How did you do in mocks, practise tests etc?

your name is cool as f***.

GL OP, don't drop down on the day, OL might be tricky like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Leavingcert16

I have always been getting around 50-60% in class tests and in the mocks I got 48% and then in another one I done I got 52%. I am just really scared that it might be a hard paper since the last two years have been easy

• Registered Users Posts: 37 swagmire

DONT DROP DOWN. Last years ol was hard but marked easy

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

Don't even consider dropping to ordinary level, it's just your nerves before the paper. Once you open the paper & look over it you'll be fine , and once you start the paper your anxiety will leave you. Don't forget to let us know this evening how you got on . Good luck .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭BrownTrout

If it's a hard paper, it's a good thing.

You won't be the only person in the country finding it hard and it'll be marked fairly liberally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Leavingcert16

Yeah I probably shouldn't drop at this stage. I'll just try and attempt everything and hope for the best. Thanks for all your help and good luck to everyone today

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

Leavingcert16 how did you do , I'm sure you did just great.

Advertisement