Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Anxiety

Options
  • 09-06-2016 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, so i suffer with anxiety and today during the English paper, I was fine and I wasn't freaking out yet and then my throat started to get dry and i felt like i couldn't breath, low and behold I kind of broke down and I asked to leave the room and calmed down went back in and after like 30 seconds i had to leave again, i ended up doing my exam outside the hall with another 'examiner' and I'm so scared for tomorrow in case it happens again.

has anyone got any tips or anything, I bought rescue remedy today I'm hoping it will help, i just really don't want this to have a detrimental effect on my exams.

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

I know it's hard but try not to get concerned. Make sure you have a drink and some food like a chocolate bar if you're feeling in any way off.

Remember that the most effective thing for you to do is to push on with the paper. If you're feeling really panicked, just close your eyes and take a couple of deep breaths.

Don't be scared that you might have to leave the room. Just focus on getting the job done however that may be.

It will be fine. Year after year, people get through it and you will too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Leavingcert16

You could ask to see if you could do the rest of your exams outside the center. A few people in my year are doing that due to having really bad anxiety under the reasonable accommodation scheme. I know it may feel like everyone is telling you the same thing but these exams are not the only way to get to where you want to. Just take each part of the exam one by one and like the last person said if you are feeling anxious don't let it build up take a break and relax. What my friend does is try to name ten bald men she knows in order to get her mind off it and then when you have relaxed have a try at the paper again. Good luck with the rest of your exams

• Registered Users Posts: 3 georgia15

Thank you guys very much, I will talk to my superintendent tomorrow!

Advertisement