Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Van rental - UK to Ireland

Options
  • 09-06-2016 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am moving from Nottingham back to Dublin and need to transport about 3 cars worth of items. Does anyone know where I could rent a van to do this? Or any other suggestions?

Items are a big TV, big hifi, desktop PCs, clothes and other bits and pieces.

There may be a better forum somewhere, happy to move if so?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

choons wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am moving from Nottingham back to Dublin and need to transport about 3 cars worth of items. Does anyone know where I could rent a van to do this? Or any other suggestions?

Items are a big TV, big hifi, desktop PCs, clothes and other bits and pieces.

There may be a better forum somewhere, happy to move if so?
    Thanks

I've just moved back and used a van for items I wouldn't trust to movers. Couldn't find anything with a Uk pick up and Dublin drop off. However, Enterprise are willing to allow a Belfast (or other NI) drop off. I got a LWB Renaukt Master and packed it to the gills. There is a one way fee and an extra charge for driving into RoI but I could find no other suitable rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Excellent, thank you Marcusm. Enterprise were able to quote me for this.

I assumed you would need to drop the van back to mainland UK so was costing up return ferries, extra flight and everything but this will work. Europcar seem to offer a similar deal.

Thanks again.

Advertisement