Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English paper 2 - advice on issue

Options
  • 09-06-2016 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Just out of my English Paper 2 and I'm desperate. If there is anyone out there at all that can genuinely help me please do.

I started with single text but only got some of it done, then because I was panicking and blanking I moved on. I done the comparative with the a) and b) option and I got all of part a) done but only some of part b) and I also only got some of my poetry question done, like not even half.

I had a panic attack in the exam and it caused me to go blank and waste so much time. I left the room, went to the bathroom and when came back in I was on fire but unfortunately I had wasted too much time. I had the chance to try and finish one question whole or start another. I thought maybe I'd be better having most of the questions with at least a little bit wrote for.. Was I wrong? And is it possible to still get a good score with that? I'm not aiming for an A or anything. Just really don't want to fail. My paper 1 could go either way, but I don't think it was that bad. I done pretty well on my pre's for paper 1, I think that saved me tbh, so I'm hoping this time was the same.

Sorry for the long post. It's just it'll drive me to insanity of i don't know weather I totally screwed up or not. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

From what I understand you attempted the correct number of questions, but just didn't complete all of them? I think this puts you in a better situation than leaving out entire questions, even if you finish a full one. What sort of level of marks were you getting in class tests/mocks?

Remember your Paper One marks go into the pot as well. I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Absolutely no point worrying about it anyway, so look to your next exam instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

Nico41 wrote: »
    Just out of my English Paper 2 and I'm desperate. If there is anyone out there at all that can genuinely help me please do.

I started with single text but only got some of it done, then because I was panicking and blanking I moved on. I done the comparative with the a) and b) option and I got all of part a) done but only some of part b) and I also only got some of my poetry question done, like not even half.

I had a panic attack in the exam and it caused me to go blank and waste so much time. I left the room, went to the bathroom and when came back in I was on fire but unfortunately I had wasted too much time. I had the chance to try and finish one question whole or start another. I thought maybe I'd be better having most of the questions with at least a little bit wrote for.. Was I wrong? And is it possible to still get a good score with that? I'm not aiming for an A or anything. Just really don't want to fail. My paper 1 could go either way, but I don't think it was that bad. I done pretty well on my pre's for paper 1, I think that saved me tbh, so I'm hoping this time was the same.

Sorry for the long post. It's just it'll drive me to insanity of i don't know weather I totally screwed up or not. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.
    According to the stats only 1.1% of students get below a D3 in honours english, so unless you think in a room of 100 lads you were the worst guy there, you're fine (assuming you only want a pass). Statistically speaking, it's very unlikely you failed

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭siebey123

spurious wrote: »
    From what I understand you attempted the correct number of questions, but just didn't complete all of them? I think this puts you in a better situation than leaving out entire questions, even if you finish a full one. What sort of level of marks were you getting in class tests/mocks?

Absolutely no point worrying about it anyway, so look to your next exam instead.

I agree. You attempted everything and the examiners will reward you for that! Take the next few exams one by one. You'll be alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Nico41

spurious wrote: »

Ya I attempted all questions except the unseen poetry, but I only finished one. I can't remember what I got in paper 2 for my pre's but for paper 1 I got something like 111 marks. I'm hoping i did alright with paper 1 and those marks will save me.

I'm going to try forget about it now and move on to my next tests. Thank for your help 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Nico41

TSMGUY wrote: »
    According to the stats only 1.1% of students get below a D3 in honours english, so unless you think in a room of 100 lads you were the worst guy there, you're fine (assuming you only want a pass). Statistically speaking, it's very unlikely you failed

Well, I would like to get more then a D3 but obviously if that was the only grade I was able to get besides a fail I'll take it gladly, especially after the panic of today.

This has calmed me down though, thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement