Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to find parts for a decade-old laptop

Options
  • 09-06-2016 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've had a HQ Presario Compaq CQ61-120SA for about ten years now, and as of last week the screen no longer works. While I normally wouldn't be too bothered given I got a newer laptop a couple of years back, I was in the process of copying some old roleplays from Skype onto a word document I'd kept on a portable hard drive, and I need to fix it so I can finish before the laptop dies for good.

The repair shop I took it to can't source the parts, so I'm looking for them myself. They said to look for LCD cables and screens, and finding the screens is easy enough, but every time I try to look up cables for it, it just shows me more replacement screens, none of which make any mention of including a cable with them, so I can't be sure if I'll get one if/when I buy one of said screens.

If anyone has some suggestions of where I could look, I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

Advertisement