Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Or Allied Irish Bank

Options
  • 09-06-2016 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

My question is in regards to what job offer I should accept?

I recently have been offered a Job at Bank Of Ireland (BOI) and Allied Irish bank (AIB), Both are paying pretty similar salary,

At Bank of Ireland I am offered a role for Branch Associate (Branch Assistant), I will be placed in one of BOI branch in Dublin where I will be dealing with all the matters at bank branch i.e. customer service, sales, cashiering and processing application etc,

At Allied Irish Bank (AIB) I am offered a role for Customer service, direct sales advisor, I will be based in one of their major office branch where my job will be dealing with customer queries and at the same time selling AIB's produce over phone.

Any advise which offer should I accept? I would like to be progressed fastest possible, I am very interested in strategic management role and will be looking forward in management role in any of the bank whose offer I accept.

In conclusion, my basic question is which offer I should accept or which role would offer me possible routes for progression further ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭jpm4

Bank of Ireland one - over the phone sales/queries is a pain in the ass, best to be in a branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DublinMan21

jpm4 wrote: »
    Bank of Ireland one - over the phone sales/queries is a pain in the ass, best to be in a branch.

Thanks for writing a reply, Any word on question for progression? where do you think I would have more chances for progression to move further up? I am a fresh graduate in economics From UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

Thanks for writing a reply, Any word on question for progression? where do you think I would have more chances for progression to move further up? I am a fresh graduate in economics From UCD.

Progression to where?
    Branch exposure is great for seeing how it works at the front line. But there is so much more going on in banking, capital markets, liquidity, compliance, audit, product development and lots of IT. What are you interested in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DublinMan21

I would certainly be most interested in product development/management following with compliance.
    In regards to pay, AIB not intend to pay anything more once QFA is done where BOI is paying extra 5K a year once i am QFA qualified, I see this a major reason to join BOI.

Advertisement