Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embed Instagram Widget

Options
  • 09-06-2016 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

So I've got a site I'm putting some social media widgets on. The Facebook and Twitter widgets are a doddle to include and look really well. But I need to put a widget for Instagram in as well. But they don't seem to provide an out of the box widget in the same manner the other social media sites do; or if they do I haven't found it. So I'm mainly just wondering what's the best approach to do this?

The 3rd party widgets I've investigated look to be absolutely terrible (e.g. look bad, have ads included, dodgy creators, etc.). So am I best off just using the Instagram API and throwing something together?

The site in question is a custom built ASP.NET MVC site so things like Wordpress Instagram widgets aren't any use to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Although a WordPress plugin is not an option for you, if you can read PHP code maybe the Instagram Slider Widget can help you figure out how it accesses the Instagram API.

I am using the thumbnail view on a development site. PM and I'll give you the URL.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

daymobrew wrote: »
    Although a WordPress plugin is not an option for you, if you can read PHP code maybe the Instagram Slider Widget can help you figure out how it accesses the Instagram API.

I am using the thumbnail view on a development site. PM and I'll give you the URL.

Cheers but I don't think I'd have any issue using the API. I was just looking for a quick solution where I don't have to role my own solution.

Advertisement