Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough Corrib (South End)

Options
  • 09-06-2016 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Im just curious about fly fishing in Lough Corrib. Are there any decent places to fish from the shore near the south end of the lake? The reason I ask is because I dont have a car, so would like to be able to ride my bike there (and Im based in Galway, so obviously the south end is preferred). Even if its not the best part of the lake to fish, I'd just really like to get out there in the near future.

Thanks for your help - any other tips are also welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

There is very little road access near the southern shoreline anywhere, and any there is usually has very shallow ground not great for fishing. If you can get out as far as Annaghdown pier that is probably the best area to try. Or hire a boat: http://fishinginireland.info/boathire/corrib.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rainmaker17

Thanks for that! I could likely get out that far.. Would it be a decent place to wade-in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Basalt

Menlo has good access to Corrib river, and is cycle able . Deep and dangerous for wading!

Advertisement