Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conyngham Arms Brides (Slane Conert)

Options
  • 09-06-2016 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi All

Is there any Conyngham Arm brides out there? Really looking for some advice.
    I am having my wedding in Sept 2017 (Saturday wedding) and slightly concerned about Slane concert clashing with the wedding any advice would be great!

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I thought the slane gigs were usually on during August? Would it be possible to get it touch with Slane Castle and seeing if there's any way they could let you know if there's dates planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭lbyrne121

Toots wrote: »
    I thought the slane gigs were usually on during August? Would it be possible to get it touch with Slane Castle and seeing if there's any way they could let you know if there's dates planned?

They are generally in August but they had one in Sept before u2.. I rang slane castle and they weren't very helpful unfortunately.. hopefully they won't hold one in Sept!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Slane is generally never on in September, I was at that U2 gig - it was 1st September and Ireland played the Netherlands in Dublin the same day and the second half was shown on the screens at Slane. when it's in August it's usually around the last week of August (20-25th direction). Last year or two it was on at the end of May - middle of June. I'd imagine it might stick around the May date given that Electric Picnic is on the end of August now and is getting bigger.

All the dates of previous Slane gigs are on the wiki page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slane_Concert

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

It was only in September for U2 because they put on a second concert that year due to high demand.

Advertisement