Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Waterford

Options
  • 09-06-2016 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm looking for some advice. I'm due to move to Dungarvan on the 16th for a new job from Dublin. I've a place to stay for two weeks, but after that I need to have a place. I've looked everywhere and considered even living in Waterford city, but I can only find temporary accommodation for the summer. (Ex student digs)

There are tons of jobs but no Homes it seems, does the situation improve at different times of the year? what am I missing, where's the best place to look?

Cheers,

:-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

suckmyloli wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm looking for some advice. I'm due to move to Dungarvan on the 16th for a new job from Dublin. I've a place to stay for two weeks, but after that I need to have a place. I've looked everywhere and considered even living in Waterford city, but I can only find temporary accommodation for the summer. (Ex student digs)

There are tons of jobs but no Homes it seems, does the situation improve at different times of the year? what am I missing, where's the best place to look?

Cheers,

:-)

Try a specific agency in Waterford.Try liberty blue in Waterford city.they should have good few properties on books.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭gw80

If it's just yourself, there was a couple of apartments in kilmactomas village which is about a 15 minute drive from dungarvan, if that, I think there called " the mills apartments".
    Pretty modern and in a fantastic spot,

They were on daft.ie,
    Don't ask me what it's like living there, maybe someone else here will have some info on that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭gw80

gw80 wrote: »
    If it's just yourself, there was a couple of apartments in kilmactomas village which is about a 15 minute drive from dungarvan, if that, I think there called " the mills apartments".
    Pretty modern and in a fantastic spot,

They were on daft.ie,
    Don't ask me what it's like living there, maybe someone else here will have some info on that

Just checked it there, Mahon mills apartments,

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Should be just a matter of leaving your name with about 10 letting agencies with your location and budget. Liberty Blue seem to think they can add 50 - 100 quid onto the going rate so probably best to avoid them. Someone has to pay for their re branding i suppose. Still some honest agents around though.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

It will take a hell of a lot more than a name change for liberty blue to get rid of that dire reputation they have imho...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

who were liberty blue formally known as

who were liberty blue formally known as

Book-a-room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Bookaroom and Liberty Blue are separate companies it wasn't a name change they are both just in the same building

Not correct, tell me who owned Book a room and who owns Liberty blue?

8C93C261-D5D0-43E9-A4B9-B4A46359F2F6_zpsgldm8mlq.jpeg

CCE093D5-A78E-4E31-ADB7-E6048CD7CE47_zpsblquhmx2.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Same owners but separate companies as i said its not a name change bookaroom is still there,as far as i know liberty blue deals with sales and bookaroom is rentals

• Advertisement

Yes, same owner and directors, for both companies Liberty Blue was set up so they could go down the sales road. Also they whole office was rebranded Liberty blue while just keeping a window sticker with the book a room badging.

But you are indeed correct, I was wrong when I said they were formally book-a-room, they still are them also :)

https://twitter.com/LibertyBlueEA/status/736080742954852352

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Those photobucket links are dodgy.They load pages with fake phone virus warnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭bennyineire

May God have mercy on your poor soul

longshanks wrote: »
    Those photobucket links are dodgy.They load pages with fake phone virus warnings.

That's strange as they are fine for me, I purposely always remove the link that takes you to the photobucket site when you click on the image also. I wonder is it an android thing as I use iOS?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Theyve pretty much cleared out all signs of Book a Room from the building and ads.

More money to be made by ripping people off adding 10k onto the price of all houses and taking extremely deceiving wide angle photos that make sofas and doors look 12 foot wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭suckmyloli

Hi

Thanks for the tip. If anyone hears if any rentals in Dungarvan please feel free to share :-)

Advertisement