Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Service in Carlow

Options
  • 09-06-2016 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

I am looking to get my car serviced in Carlow and was hoping some boardsies might have recommendations.

I have called the Opel garage twice. They answered and said that they would call back with a price and time. I'm still waiting!!
    I was put on hold when I called Advance Pitstop for almost 15 minutes so in the end I had to hang up.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭patrickc

Brian Cooney motors in Ballickmoyler are really decent and seem very competitively priced.

if you google BC motors you'll get their contact details. I've used him and my wife for the last number of years and never had an issue with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

John Dermody on Hackettstown road. Excellent knowledge and very nice man to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

patrickc wrote: »
    Brian Cooney motors in Ballickmoyler are really decent and seem very competitively priced.

if you google BC motors you'll get their contact details. I've used him and my wife for the last number of years and never had an issue with him.

totally agree. I had to search around for someone who could service a land rover defender properly and BC Motors have been fantastic. Brilliant customer service as they've even arranged transport home for me any time I had to leave the landy there overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

patrickc wrote: »

maccored wrote: »
    totally agree. I had to search around for someone who could service a land rover defender properly and BC Motors have been fantastic. Brilliant customer service as they've even arranged transport home for me any time I had to leave the landy there overnight

I have used Brian myself from time to time over the years before BC motors etc. I've found he can be hit and miss with timing unless pushed on the matter. If you're in need of a car you may well find yourself stuck badly.

I've heard others report the same and prices seem to have gone up.

He's been grand for small jobs and servicing but any major work tends to drag on.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Cobs

Yes John Dermody for me and will make everything is 100% before it goes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

JW Tyres http://www.jwtyres.ie/ are pretty good

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

A representative of BC Motors has been in touch, iwillhtfu, so I'm posting this response on their behalf. They've included contact details if you'd like to follow up with them further.

"I’m sorry to hear we didn’t live up to expectations iwillhtfu. You’re absolutely right, timing was an issue for us in the past but we’re happy to report that we’ve taken on another auto technician along with a service manager to ensure jobs are finished in a timely fashion. For the past four years we’ve also offered customers the use of a courtesy car, completely free of charge to ensure that there is minimal disruption to their lives while their car is being worked on. We pride ourselves on keeping costs down as much as possible for customers and are always happy to negotiate with them. If you would like to contact us directly on 059 9147598 or bcmotorscarlow@gmail.com we’d love to discuss your feedback further."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Fair play to them. It's a burnt bridge but credit where it's due. Hopefully business is on the up and with that their customer service.

Advertisement