Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passat CC opinions

Options
  • 09-06-2016 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi I'm looking at buying a 2011 passat cc and was thinking of heading over to England for one. Exchange rate has improved a good bit and I have been keeping an eye on this one

http: //regbartoncars.co.uk/volkswagen-passat-gt-cc-2-0-tdi-140-bluemotion-tech-4-dr-5-seat-coupe-2011-11-98k-8150/

(I can't post links so just remove the space between the : and the //)

It has been on sale for a month or two and he has dropped the price by £300 or so. He seems to give a decent account of it's service history on his website and it looks to be in good condition. I wonder why it hasn't sold already? Any opinions or comments about the car?

My plan is to hopefully try and knock another few pound off and get an inspection done. The AA inspection is £200 but seems worth it for piece of mind. As regards paying I was thinking of using currency fair or transfermate. Does anyone have any experience with these? If I got a morning flight over and did the transfer would he get it his side the same day or would I have to wait overnight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

That is a very thorough description of a class car imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tp89

Also when I put the reg into the motor check vrt calculator it doesn't give me a figure but it gives the OMSP as €16345 and the art band at 18%. I am correct in assuming the art would be 18% of 16345 i.e €2942 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That is about right. I didn't use the reg on Revenue's VRT calculator site, just used the info from the advert and it comes back with €2942. This is the statistic code for that query: 41587339.

Vehicle Details
    Statistical Code41587339
    Model PASSAT 2.0 TDI
    Make VOLKSWAGEN
    Version CC GT BMT 138BHP 5 SEATS 4DR
    Breakdown of VRT Calculation
    Open Market Selling Price (OMSP) determined by Revenue €35533
    Monthly adjustment+100%
    Depreciation code allocated by Revenue C1
    Odometer reading 98000 Miles
    Date of first registration July 2011
    Mileage/Kilometre reduction €0
    Rate of depreciation for this vehicle 54%
    Current OMSP determined by Revenue €16345
    Revenue CO2 Calculation
    CO2 Emissions 125
    Rate of VRT 18%
    Vehicle Registration Tax (payable on enquiry) €2,942

Still on the lookout as the one in the op was gone when I rang and I have been on holidays for a month or so haven't had time to look. Here are two more on my radar:

www .autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201602010606950?search-target=usedcars&make=volkswagen&model=cc&aggregatedTrim=GT&year-from=2011&year-to=2012&transmission=manual&searchcontext=default&radius=1500&page=2&sort=default&postcode=ls98al&onesearchad=new%2Cnearlynew%2Cused&logcode=p&adPos=9

www. autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201607276234298?search-target=usedcars&make=volkswagen&model=cc&aggregatedTrim=GT&price-to=10000&year-from=2011&year-to=2013&transmission=manual&postcode=ls98al&page=2&sort=default&searchcontext=default&radius=1500&onesearchad=new%2Cnearlynew%2Cused&logcode=p&adPos=7

Regarding the second one. They have car inspection reports here

www. vcars.co.uk/used-cars/cardetails.php?t=autotrader&u=1052049 (remove space before v)

Is this the equivalent info you would get from an independent AA or RAC inspection for £200 odd?

Just off the phone with the 2nd company there. Is has a full VW service history at the following intervals 18k,23,37k,55k,72k,83k,98k but hasn't had any major work done such as cam belt water pump etc. Salesman said its due anywhere between 100-140k.

The other car I linked above says it has cam belt, aux belt, tensioners and water pump changed at 84,000 miles. I still have to ring them I couldn't get through earlier.

Can anyone advise weather it would be better to pay a small bit more knowing that work was done or risk it with the other one. How much would it cost to get done here for instance?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Toothed belt is due at 120 miles on the 2.0 TDi CC IIRC.
    Timing belt kit is about €290. Labour on top of that obviously.

Put a deposit down on the first car I have linked above. It has a great spec and after some research it has a very good history. I'm flying out next Tuesday to collect. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Best of luck with it, i bought a 2011 GT model a couple of weeks ago. Fantastic car. Just ensure the Air con is working!!

Irishder wrote: »
    Best of luck with it, i bought a 2011 GT model a couple of weeks ago. Fantastic car. Just ensure the Air con is working!!

Thanks. Thats one of the minor things he mentioned about the car actually. He is getting it regassed this week.

tp89 wrote: »
    Thanks. Thats one of the minor things he mentioned about the car actually. He is getting it regassed this week.

Regassing will not fix the issue if there is a leak or worse the compressor is knackered. The air conditioning compressor is a weak point in VWs of that vintage and costs around €700/€800 to replace.

• Advertisement

What are the symptoms of a leak or compressor failure? I think what he said about it was that it works fine but just takes a while to blow proper cold.

I'd make sure every function and setting is working, from a blast of hot/cold air to making sure all vents are blowing correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

bazz26 wrote: »
    I'd make sure every function and setting is working, from a blast of hot/cold air to making sure all vents are blowing correctly.

Might be a bit late by the time you get there.

Maybe get the dealer to make a video for you of everything working? Obviously you'll not be able to feel the hot/cold, but you could see headlights, warning lights, etc.

bazz26 wrote: »

I'll make sure to test this when I get over. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Yeah i was told the same thing about the car needed to be regassed. I told him to do it before i bought it and it turned out the compressor needed to be changed. Costed over 500 Euro. Apart from that it a lovely car.

I had to get my timing belt done straight away, cost me 429 in a VW dealership.

Ok so I am all set for tomorrow I think. Have transferred over my insurance and have the ferry booked. Flying into East Midlands at 9am and ferry not until 8:30pm so I will have plenty of time to kill. Might stop off in Trafford centre on way to ferry. How long should you be at the ferry before it sets sail?

Also what is the story with tax. I have read a few different reports of some people taxing it and others risking it hoping they don't get stopped. What are the chances of getting stopped with those ANPR cameras?

Everything went to plan yesterday. Flew into East Midlands at 9am and got back home at 1 am last night. The car is great. Lovely spec and hardly a mark on it. Now to book the vrt appointment (sigh)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Everything went to plan yesterday. Flew into East Midlands at 9am and got back home at 1 am last night. The car is great. Lovely spec and hardly a mark on it. Now to book the vrt appointment (sigh)

Post a few pics. Was looking at a few myself over there.

www .postimg.org/gallery/1nlt8bn74/

Could have saved an extra €200 if I exchanged my money on Monday instead of last week. Ah well hindsight is great. I used a Revolut card (myself and girlfriends as there have limits) to pay it was dead handy.

Could have saved an extra €200 if I exchanged my money on Monday instead of last week. Ah well hindsight is great. I used a Revolut card (myself and girlfriends as there have limits) to pay it was dead handy.

Looks mint. Well wear with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

Looks very very tidy. Interior especially. Leather looks hardly worn

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Irishder wrote: »

I've the same A/C problem with my 2011 too. Only issue though, lovely car.

Sorry to hijack but I seen a beautiful 2011 Passat CC GT for sale in Scotland today whilst picking up a car for herself. Tan leather with satnav,bluetooth FSH etc. 44k on the clock and it's mint. Anyone looking for one its well worth a look and the dealer is a decent lad to deal with too.

Anyone looking for one and wants to know more PM me and I'll put you in touch.

Advertisement