Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how are my points calculated

Options
  • 09-06-2016 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi guys, just have a little query here about my progression

I have applied for a restricted course , last year the points were 795

I have recieved my portfolio back which scored 500 points out of 600

To this do I add my leaving cert results and ALL fetac awards up to this point?

I have completed a Full level 5 and level 6 course since my leaving so do i add the results of both of these together or is it just the latest course? I also have a few minor awards over the past few years

On my level 5 course, which was pretty much exactly what I want to study at third level I got 6 distinctions, a merit and a pass.

This year however i only recieved one distiction, with 1 merit and 6 passes, This course was more generalised and a lot of my peers also did not do as well this year as we all studied different fields from our first year.

So I was just wondering, will I be able to still get in on my level 5 points, or will that not be looked at now that I have a level 6 award? Do i still include my leaving cert points in the total count also?

Thanks in advance
    Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

anyone out there knows the answer to my query?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

Hi was your level 5 or 6 points higher than your leaving cert points . Which points are higher will be added to your portfolio score , only one set of points can be took so cao will take whichever score is the highest be it your leaving cert , level 5 or level 6 , did you put the year you sat your leaving cert on the cao application.

Will you be hoping for an offer in round A early July.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

Hi, I put down my LC year and exam number ,highest points would be my fetac level 5 plus my portfolio I think, that would add up to 850, which will get me in unless the points go up.

Fingers crossed & I sincerely hope you get your first offer. You now have the tools to unlock your dreams.

• Advertisement
Advertisement