Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you style this...

Options
  • 09-06-2016 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hello looking for advice on how to style this dress.
    Would you go with silver or gold accessories? Necklace or no necklace? Earrings? Hair up/down/half up? How would you do your makeup? Basically everything :D
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Ciara 5 wrote: »
    Hello looking for advice on how to style this dress.
    Would you go with silver or gold accessories? Necklace or no necklace? Earrings? Hair up/down/half up? How would you do your makeup? Basically everything :D
    Thanks!

I'd go for necklace and hair up, to show off shoulders. Maybe a single bracelet also. Clutch bag is a good idea, and I'd favour strappy sandals over pointy stilettos/platforms etc.

You can go as heavy of as light as you like with make up as the dress is quite dressy (explaining myself poorly but you know what I mean!). Can't advise much more without knowing your colouring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I'd choose silver rather than gold, for accessories.
    And definitely yes to something round or near your neck - earrings, maybe - otherwise this kind of drop-shoulder style can look a little as if all your clothes have slid off.

(I've never forgotten a "Rose of Tralee" interview in which the camera took a lot of talking-head shots of some little Rose in a drop-shoulder dress, with no necklace. From the chest up, as it were. Basically the poor girl looked as if she'd forgotten to get dressed after her bath!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'd go with a very plain, fluid, choker type necklace. http://www.marksandspencer.ie/Gold-Plated-Triple-Tube-Necklace/000000000022433098,en_IE,pd.html?start= http://www.marksandspencer.ie/Sparkle-Torque-Necklace/P22418700,en_IE,pd.html?dwvar_P22418700_color=XX&start= http://www.marksandspencer.ie/Silver-Plated-Sleek-Layered-Chain-Necklace/000000000022357046,en_IE,pd.html?start= and very simple, short or stud earrings.
    A bangle or two in a similar style would be good.
    Definitely a clutch bag.
    I think gold or silver would be equally good with that dress. Would you consider rose gold? Very popular at the moment, and it goes well with royal blue IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Ciara 5

Thanks so much for the replies ladies defo going to take them on board.
    I'm leaning towards silver accessories just think it looks really well with the royal blue. I was thinking of not doing a necklace and doing hanging earrings but I'm liking the idea of the simple necklace! I have a silver clutch and a nice simple bracelet which I think will work.
    My colouring is very pale with dark hair (gonna put on a tiny bit of dove so I don't look like a complete ghost, but no spray tan so I will still be quite fair).
    And I was thinking of doing something half up/down with my hair like in the pic, what would yous think? Or would a complete up do be better? Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

@Ciara 5...that looks beautiful, I think that would be great. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

The hair is fab but I think with a dress like that, show off the shoulders. Maybe a low upstyle?
    I think silver just stands out so much more with royal blue.

With regards to make up, I'd go for a light smokey eye. Maybe nudes and browns depending on your hair colour and how dark the dove turns out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 CassieLyons

I would do silver or white gold accessories. Earrings, probably no necklace. Hair could go any way. Fully up, half up/half down, completely down...it would look nice regardless. I would keep the shoes and makeup neutral colored, nothing extravagant to take away from the dress...probably black shoes.

Advertisement