Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths HL Marking Scheme

Options
  • 08-06-2016 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Is it true that if you do the correct method but your answer is slightly off due to calculation errors you'll still get the majority of the marks?

My answers in financial maths are always slightly off probably due to all the decimal places that need to be typed in the calculator.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 swagmire

Also can anyone shed any light on my question. If you do a question 3 different ways and get 3 different. Answers can you still get full marks as you have it right once

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭daraghwal

swagmire wrote: »
    Also can anyone shed any light on my question. If you do a question 3 different ways and get 3 different. Answers can you still get full marks as you have it right once

Probably better to cross out 2 and keep the one you did with the method you are most confident in using

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

swagmire wrote: »

If you do a question multiple times and get different answers (you didn't cross anything out), then I think you get zero marks because you didn't indicate which answer you think is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

I'm not expert on the marking scheme, but I was under the impression that a correct answer gets full marks whether you mark it or not.

Make sure you show all your work! It cost me an A last year.

For financial maths, just use the memory button on your calculator. But if you use every single decimal place, your answer should come very close to the proper one.

You'll get most of the marks if you make a mathematical slip.

Advertisement