Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injustice Gods Among Us 2 (PS4 and Xbox One)

Options
  • 08-06-2016 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭

"In Injustice™ 2, we are introducing new features that will change the way fans play fighting games,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “We’re always interested in pushing the genre forward and allowing players to customise and level-up their favourite DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains is a significant leap.”

“Expanding the DC Universe in games continues to be one of our top priorities, and Injustice™ 2 showcases amazing gameplay and an original story to bring the characters to life for players,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “NetherRealm Studios is offering fans an experience of customising and battling with DC’s iconic characters in an entirely new way.”

Injustice™ 2 offers the latest DC fighting game experience that expands on the previous title’s larger-than-life showdowns. Every battle defines you in a game where players personalise iconic DC characters with unique and powerful gear earned throughout the game. For the first time gamers can take control of how their characters look, fight and develop across a variety of game modes.

Injustice™ 2 continues the epic cinematic story introduced in Injustice ™: Gods Among Us as Batman and his allies work towards putting the pieces of society back together while struggling against those who want to restore Superman’s regime. In the midst of the chaos, a new threat appears that will put Earth’s existence at risk. Players can play from the biggest DC roster ever offered in a fighting game, from classic fan favourites such as Batman, Superman, Supergirl and Aquaman, to astonishing new villains like Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd. Battles will take place across arenas that have evolved in scale and span across iconic locations such as Metropolis, Gotham City and Atlantis.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Why is Bryan Cranston doing the voiceover?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

allibastor wrote: »
    Why is Bryan Cranston doing the voiceover?

He could be voicing a character in the game or it's somebody else who sounds similar to him

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The comic of this is still running so there is a lot of storyline content still available. Cranston has voiced for DC animation in the past so could be him. First game was awesome.

Yeah the comic is pretty good and it's in it's final year leading up to the start of the first game

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm pretty concerned with how the armour/gear upgrades make your fighter more powerful. I rarely play fighting games online but even then it seems like a potential chasm will form quite quickly between upgraded fighters and non/lesser-upgraded fighters, never mind the already huge chasm between those who play fighting games a lot versus casuals who rarely stand a chance anyway.

Will a non-upgraded Batman be as strong/durable as a fully upgraded one in the hands of the same player? If not, it reduces skill and means players will be less likely to try different characters, instead focusing on fully upgrading their main. If so, then the upgrades are little more than cosmetic.

I trust Netherealm Studios to make it work, given how well the variation system in MKX worked. But it will require a hell of a lot of balancing to get right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Reminder:

xaQAzkFl.jpg
    Penn wrote:
    [...]

I trust Netherealm Studios to make it work, given how well the variation system in MKX worked. But it will require a hell of a lot of balancing to get right.
    If there is pay-to-win DLC / play-to-win unlockables (i.e. locked character upgrades) it will be literally unbalance-able.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    If there is pay-to-win DLC / play-to-win unlockables (i.e. locked character upgrades) it will be literally unbalance-able.

Agreed. Even if it's something as simple as "This upgrade gives you a new special move", that special move would open a new range of combos and combo-strings not available to those without that upgrade.

But, as I said (and admittedly I disagree with the graphic you posted above but I'm neither a PC gamer or play uch online), I trust Netherrealm to do it right, and will mostly be buying the game for the story and offline modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

It will be brought to San Diego Comic-Con on July,22

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

It will be brought to San Diego Comic-Con on July,22

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Doodle King, you do not need to bump dozens of threads with one line responses that add nothing to the discussion. Please only do so if you have something substantial to add.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

The only wonder is whoever models these characters. Looks like Bruce Jenner.

1469223264180.png

ou0w3sC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hmm, still no word on whether there'll be a PC version. If they do go for it hopefully WB don't pawn it off to High Voltage again, one would hope they've learned from the mistakes of the last few games.

Gameplay demo that shows some of the customisation

Advertisement