Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to upgrade Macbook Pro 15" Early 2011

Options
  • 08-06-2016 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to bump up my RAM to 16gb and replace my optical drive with an SSD using an enclosure. Anyone have any advice on where to buy this hardware except Amazon (unless its a great price) because the exchange rate is a bit of a bummer at the moment?

Cheers

Comments

try amazon.de?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

jessconr wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to bump up my RAM to 16gb and replace my optical drive with an SSD using an enclosure. Anyone have any advice on where to buy this hardware except Amazon (unless its a great price) because the exchange rate is a bit of a bummer at the moment?

Cheers

Recently done mine and got the stuff from memoryc.com

I liked the fact that they were online and a bricks and mortar shop plus they're 5 mins away from where I work :) Prices were pretty decent too, probably could have done a little better from further afield but I know my business is being kept in the country..

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

Cheers...I gave that a look already and a lot of the hardware cannot be delivered to Ireland :(

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

Recently done mine and got the stuff from memoryc.com

I liked the fact that they were online and a bricks and mortar shop plus they're 5 mins away from where I work :) Prices were pretty decent too, probably could have done a little better from further afield but I know my business is being kept in the country..

Cheers Darragh...I defo give them a look :)

Advertisement