Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens summer attire....

Options
  • 08-06-2016 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need some advise. I am going to a wedding in the Caribbean in a few weeks. Now I have the usual tshirts, boardshorts for the pool, wedding clothes etc

However I need to get some clothes for going out in the evenings (wedding rehearsal dinner) as I cant be swanning about restaurants in flip-flop, shorts and a tshirt!

I am thinking a light grey blazer, some chinos, loafers, cotton short sleeve shirt etc, no idea where to start!!

I dont want to spend too much as I doubt il be wearing any of it again, perhaps the blazer into the office but thats about it.

Any ideas?

thanks

frAg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Depends on how formal or casual the other nights out are going to be. If you're in the Carribbean I reckon it'll be pretty casual due to the heat but if you need to wear a shirt and tie then you'll want to get yourself a linen suit. You're on the right track with a chinos and blazer, perhaps white chinos, espadrilles, light blue shirt, and blue or beige blazer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

No ties ha ha!! Its very casual, the groom (my brother) and the groomsmen are in white converse, polo style shirt and grey slacks, very casual and yanky preppy!!

I just still want to look good on the nights out (4-5 mights out I would think)

Cheers for the pointers below, any good online retailers for those?
    Depends on how formal or casual the other nights out are going to be. If you're in the Carribbean I reckon it'll be pretty casual due to the heat but if you need to wear a shirt and tie then you'll want to get yourself a linen suit. You're on the right track with a chinos and blazer, perhaps white chinos, espadrilles, light blue shirt, and blue or beige blazer.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

M&S have lovely mens light linen trousers and shorts at the minute.
    River Island would also be a good for what you are looking for and Next online.

If you're near a TK Max you should check it out too-great for menswear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

If you bought some nice slim fit chinos in various colours, I don't see why they couldnt be worn again.

I made (for his own good) my BF buy a few pairs like this before our recent trip to Spain for a wedding. He's worn both pairs again since we got back and has commented that he's pleased that I twisted his arm.

Otherwise he'd have been stuck between shorts and jeans - which would have been too casual. Slim chinos are more smart but casual at the same time.

Some examples.

http://ie.nextdirect.com/en/g57128s2

This is a linen chino... might be best of both worlds. The Caribbean is going to be so hot at this time of year!

http://ie.nextdirect.com/en/g551332s2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Just today I got a pair of white Bullock & Jones linen / cotton trousers in TK Maxx, for €17. They're nice and roomy, perfect for hot weather (more for holidays than here).

• Advertisement
Advertisement